Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crow Court

I don't know about the ducks but the crows sure are decoying............

Got the limit, oh! there is no limit but it sure is fun!

MW
    Hey!.. There's a Crow! Shoot That Black Bastard!

You damn right crow huntin is fun! We got 35 on one hunt last year, believe it or not dem bastuds get smart after a while. Kill 'em all, they eat ducklings! [img]graemlins/bigun.gif[/img]

Try the rivers....you can cover a lot of territory and shoot a shit load. They are smart as hell though.

We used to hunt them pretty hard at Clemson. Fun as hell when nothing else was in season to hunt.

Had a few home made decoys and a boom box that played a tape of an Owl fighting a pile of crows that just pulled them right in.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

We hunted lake Hartwell several times and had a blast, pulled into a cove had two hand calls goin and the radio and they just poor in....

Funny thing is, if you get them really wound up they just keep coming in even though your drilling their friends.

Couple years ago we hunted a 4-acre tract of planted pines near the Edisto. Had a MOJO crow and 3 dekes setup in an opening. Now thats crow huntin, timber style, well sorta. We used a crippled crow recording, along with a crow/ hawk fight. They came in within 10 yds just above the trees. High brass #6's with a full choke is hell on a crow...

killed some this morning.
    will call them in while duck hunting if things are slow (they usually are).

a live crow is hell on a dog.

If ya cripple one, he makes 'em even more wound up. It can be hot-barrel time. I have a bunch of decoys and a big ol' owl deke.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Hunted them last weekend for the first time. Man it's fun. Bout the hardest wingshooting out there. If you don't get em on the first shot they sure can evade pretty good. We only got 13, but a couple other guys that shoot em killed 85 a couple weeks ago. Course they hunted all day.

New forum......."Have you Held Crow Court Lately"?

Hey TR told you others will burn some powder if the duck huntin sucks, especially after 10:00 on one of those "blue bird days"!

MW

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

We used to hammer them! Planted pines are the best because they'll get so close. But anywhere is fun! Candor and I shot a few last year when there wasn't no doves flying. My son and grandson are going this afternoon with my electronic caller.

There are several many sites dedicated to crow hunting. This one is probably the best out there. These guys are some serious gung-ho, diehard crow hunters!

Crow Busters
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

In the 40's a biological survey was conducted that really shows the damage crows can cause to the waterfowl in the Canadian "Duck Factory". It was shown that crows in close proximity to duck nesting areas took an average of 110 to 120 eggs or fledglings per crow per year, approximately 20,000,000 ducks.
    Maybe Delta needs to look into this...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I watched a crow take a baby duck up the Reedy one day when I was fishing. Just swooped down and grabbed it of the edge of a sandbar.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

FYI:

Crow season last till March 31st....I just like trying to outsmart the bastards!

You can even get a permit to shoot them all year.

MW

I've got a crow hunting club if anyone wants to join! Membership sure is growing since there are not any ducks...........!

MW

I've got over 250 this year out in the boat. Those fish crows can't take the electronic caller!!! or a load of high brass #5's.

QUESTION HERE?
    CAN YOU SHOOT CROWS WITH LEAD IN THE BOAT ON THE LAKE?

doesnt seem right ifn ducks eatin lead pellets can give them lead poisoning and all.shouldnt matter when the lead is shot.

or am i wrong here?
    my heart will always be with dixie.

WetDawg is offline Formerly owned by a Chesapeake

Come on over and join the fun at

CrowBusters.com
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. Mark Twain

I have asked that question to two different game wardens and they could not answer the question.

So guess what...........?

Yep!

MW

MW...I dont know for sure, but I try not to carry any lead with me when I am obviously hunting ducks...it would be hard to convince a Game Warden that you brought those high brass 6's for crows, if of course you were checked. I would blow the cash with the non-toxic rounds considering the luck I seem to have.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton