Thread: @!#%@! TAMIES !!

WENT TO A BEAVER POND TO TRY AND GET MY SON'S FIRST DUCK, BUT THE WOODIES WOULDN'T COOPERATE. WE THEN WENT TO A FRIENDS POND AND SAW A REDHEAD, 2 GADDIES AND A GROUP OF MALLARDS. DECIDED TO SLIP AROUND THE POND AND THROW OUT A FEW DEKES HOPING A FEW MIGHT COME BACK. THE MALLARDS DID. THEY LIT BY THE TRUCK AND WALKED UP TO US AND I HAD TO TELL MY 9 YR OLD HE COULDN'T KILL HIS FIRST DUCK!!
    LUCKILY HE IS MORE INTELLIGENT THAN ALOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS STATE AND UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS WOULDN'T BE SOMETHING HE COULD BE PROUD OF.
    I'M TEMPTED TO GO BACK, CATCH EM ON THE COVEY RISE AND DUMP THEM OFF AT SCWA HEADQUARTERS.

I got the net.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

climpsin still sucks.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and FISH is an asshole
    SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've paid for put and take shoots where we shot quail and chuckars. I've paid to shoot ducks. I don't think I could tell my 9 year old son that he couldn't shoot his 1st duck because it was a SCWA bird. I guess you must really get a lot of good shooting. My son's both love to hunt because they were introduced to hunting and success. Kids lose interest quickly if they don't get to shoot. Good luck teaching him to enjoy the sport of duck hunting with no ducks.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

I think you did the right thing. Hopefully you son won't have to say something like, "my first duck was a greenhead but it was a released bird". Better he says something like "my first duck was a woodduck".

Thank you for teaching you son to apperciate the challenge and satisfaction that comes from hunting wild ducks not the thrill of killing something.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Well said Rubbahead [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Huntlabs,

You have got to be kidding - Shooting a duck that lands by your truck and walks up to you is not "enjoying the sport of duck hunting" - Some sport, huh? I would probably let my son take his first duck on the water, depending on the circumstancs. But a duck that lands by your truck and walks up to you would be out of the question when my impressionable son was there. If he wasn't there I would bust that tamie's ass just to rid the world of him.

And maybe we have no ducks, but that includes those mallards - they weren't ducks, they were pets.

Even a hairy head sounds better than a tamie for someones first duck, at least we know aint nobody raising them to release.

SH2, I aplaud you in showing restraint from whacking the tamies and to educate your son in finer ethics of hunting.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

I would never let a kid shoot at a duck by the truck, or one that walked up to us. I would also probably not encourage him to shoot at one on the water. If it flew over the pond and presented a shot, I would have gladly had him take the bird and made a big deal about what a great shot it was. The fact that it was a Tamie would never have been mentioned to him. 9 year olds don't need the politics, they need to enjoy the outdoors so they don't grow up playing nothing but computer games.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog