Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tipping a guide

Default Tipping a guide

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    Thanks, brah
    Probably gonna hack the mullet this week when I get off nite shift...starting to get too damn hot
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    So you can't fathom a world where bartenders make an hourly wage instead of a tip based wage?

Is it really that hard of a concept?
    I wouldn't WANT to fathom a world where bartenders didn't work on a tip based system.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I'm from Mayo, not to be confused with those Chesnee folk.
    Duke is from mayo

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    So you can't fathom a world where bartenders make an hourly wage instead of a tip based wage?

Is it really that hard of a concept?
    I'll play. No it isnt. I dont disagree with you, and you are just being argumentative, which I have an affinity for.

Yes, McDonalds is an example, but also to support your argument, is Zestos, Rush's, and Chicfila. Premium food, premium service, and premium prices.

Your $3 budlights, are now $4. Your servers may be the McDonalds type, or they may be the Zestos/Chicfila type, but then your beer is $5 now.

Also, folks with minimal synapse dont last long in the service industry. Highly competitive, highly stressful, to keep a job, your customers have to be made happy almost every time, and it is lucrative. It is lucrative in that you are getting paid cash, and your checks are zeroed out. You claim CC receipts, and pocket the cash.

It attracts the shit out of me, because frankly, I believe the guv'ment makes too much as it is.

Sure we can go the European way, where it is customary to leave just 10% for excellent service and simply stiff them for adequate service...but I believe they are too liberal, and prefer to provide exceptional service in anticipation of gratuity. Conversely, since I am no longer in the business, I prefer to provide gratuity in exchange for exceptional service. I will tip 10%, for less than adequate service, and compensate accordingly with the level of service provided.

Where it gets blurry and convoluted, is every damned body and their brothers expect a tip anymore. Tip jars are even found in retail establishments. I consider this an opportunity to not plop a dollar in the jar. Now, further on the subject of tipping, there is a certain gas station attendant close to the house. Nice guy. I communicated to him once that I find it onerous, that since I enjoy cash and it presents a problem when I go to fill my truck and boat up....Since that conversation, he sees me pull up, waves, and turns the pump on. The other day, I filled up my truck, and a couple of gas cans for outdoor equipment...walked to the counter to pay my fuel bill, counted out the 20's and added an extra $20, told him thanks, and walked away.

He chased me out the door with my "change", and I told him to keep it, that I intentionally over paid him, as he provides a service in a way that makes my life so much easier...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    That's sounds nasty.
    Damnit. Was supposed to say "stiff" not "stuff."
    Carolina Counsel

Do you guys tip at Sonic? I gave the girl a $1 last night because thinking about this thread made me feel bad.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    Do you guys tip at Sonic? I gave the girl a $1 last night because thinking about this thread made me feel bad.
    Cheap ass.... And I thought you were all paleo?

last monday I gave the girl at Sonic $5. She was cute and polite.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1