View Poll Results: Seeing a dog in a parking lot, in the summer with water and shade, what do you do?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Call the Police

7 4.05%
  • Note water and shade, and continue on with your business

150 86.71%
  • Enter establishment and confront the person who the dog and van belongs to

12 6.94%
  • Cut the lead and take the dog with you

4 2.31%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Animal Cruelty?

hit dog holler? no pun intended.

I prefer Quixotic, thank you.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

That picture leaves a lot of room for interpretation based on your train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    That picture leaves a lot of room for interpretation based on your train of thought.
    wrong. I interpret it as:

None of my fucking business.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    I was confronted by 340lb + woman one day coming out of the grocery store after I had literally 'run' in and grabbed a gallon of milk and was coming out. Had my dog in the truck. Something really crossed me bad about her flappin her flappy jowls about animal cruelty. At that point in my life, I spoke some unkind words to her. very. Unless you know what you are talking about, best to keep your flapper shut
    Art, I understand. I've been pretty hard on some people for this very thing. I'd probably still get a little annoyed with someone trying to dress me down about leaving a dog unattended, but I certainly wouldn't say some of the things I've said in the past.

If I have to leave a dog in the truck, its always in a kennel in the bed or inside the truck with the AC blasting. In my opinion, either of these are acceptable even on the hottest day around here provided I'm parked in the shade and I'll go way out of my way to find shade.

That little pooch tied to that van is in good shape. Don't go messing with someone who's obviously tried to do the best with what they have.

I'd like to place the bastard that bit my ass today in the same spot

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    The good news on this one so far, most of the voters in my opinion have some common sense, common courtesy, and enough maturity to see the forest for the trees.

The back story:

A "friend" posted this photo yesterday with a diatribe bragging about calling the police, and saying he would gladly do it again. The responses to his photo and comment were rather astounding. They ranged from stealing the dog, to tying the owner up and dragging him down the road. All comments were supportive of involving law enforcement without giving any consideration to the time the officers would have to involve in coming off of what they were doing, (like criminal investigations).

It is confounding that some place the perceived well being of an animal over the life of a person. Especially without knowing the full story.
    Reminds me of a woman who posted a picture of a guy holding a dog by the scruff of the neck and had her panties in a wad about it talking about calling animal control. What was more troubling were all of the comments agreeing that it was abuse. People are emotional and completely irrational and many do indeed value animals over human life. It baffles and disgusts me.

People get in the way of nature and animals end up suffering for it. For instance, I always see extremely obese dogs with all kinds of health problems with these vegan hippies who think that animals shouldn't work, be kept in the a/c and eat bon bons all day. idiots
    Last edited by everlast; 07-20-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Well, I had a 14 year old Chocolate that I valued more than most people in this world. I wouldn't spank him with my hand, it hurt too bad. That's why there are corn stalks.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 07-20-2013 at 11:38 AM.

having a pet that you value more than people is understandable. Valuing all animals over human life is what bothers me. For instance, the hippies that get happy when a hunter has an accident a gets killed because he was an animal "murderer". Or the fruits who try and disrupt that whale harvest that happens on whatever island, even though that will provide the majority of the meat for the people for the majority of the year.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

The dog will be fine. Running dogs for deer in August isn't cruel.

If y'all wanted to see animal cruelty, y'all should have seen me & Lita about 30 minutes ago. Let her out the run, came in to wash off some chicken before grilling. Looked out the window to see dirt flying from my back door. Bitch had about dug to China in my flower bed in all of two minutes. Needless to say, she was glad to get her ass back in her pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    If y'all wanted to see animal cruelty, y'all should have seen me & Lita about 30 minutes ago. Let her out the run, came in to wash off some chicken before grilling. Looked out the window to see dirt flying from my back door. Bitch had about dug to China in my flower bed in all of two minutes. Needless to say, she was glad to get her ass back in her pen.
    Haha

You my old lab started doing things I'd never seen him do in his final year, my garden was one. Last year my maters were taking a hurting from something. I thought some birds or some sort of critter was stealing them, same thing with my old fig tree. My bedroom window over looks the garden. One morning I looked out while getting ready for work when I noticed his booger butt eating every mater that was close to being ripe. I was beating on the window and yelling loud enough to wake the entire family. A couple days later I caught him shaking the fig tree knocking down every one that was ripe, glancing back to the door at each fig he ate. The night before I put him down (he just couldn't walk, couldn't hear a word, and was on all sorts of pain meds, it hurt) I cooked him huge bone in ribeye. I cut it up, and let him devour the entire thing. When we woke up I let him out like normal, and I'll be damned if he didn't go right to the fig tree. That was a couple months ago, so yeah no figs on the bush. I looked out, and he was trying to shake it.. I didn't say a word to him, I kinda feel like I did him an injustice.

Noting the condition of the animal at the time is really the most important thing. Seeing an animal die from heat stroke is a terrible thing. They never asked to be put in the situation.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the local redbox to pick up a movie.

I took the heathen with me. It was approximately 7:30pm and over cast. I had the window rolled down. The heathen sits in my seat with his head hanging out, watching me.

As I was buried in the redbox, a couple came up to the adjoining redbox, and exclaimed that the dog was locked in a truck in this heat. I heard the oh my gods, how can people do that to an animal, he looks miserables.

As I completed my transaction, I turned around and asked them where the fuck are they from, Alaska?! I told them the dog was perfectly fine, and that they would bump into a more impolite person than I one day, who would kick their teeth in for not minding their own fucking business.

As they stammered out apologies, I gave em my back and went to my truck to drive away.

Their accent was not a local one.

There you go, offending assholes from Ohio. Where is your southern hospitality?

Just get cable and Netflix so you won't have to deal with that crap.

Or just let that beast out with you and no one will be close enough to complain.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Yesterday afternoon, I went to the local redbox to pick up a movie.

I took the heathen with me. It was approximately 7:30pm and over cast. I had the window rolled down. The heathen sits in my seat with his head hanging out, watching me.

As I was buried in the redbox, a couple came up to the adjoining redbox, and exclaimed that the dog was locked in a truck in this heat. I heard the oh my gods, how can people do that to an animal, he looks miserables.

As I completed my transaction, I turned around and asked them where the fuck are they from, Alaska?! I told them the dog was perfectly fine, and that they would bump into a more impolite person than I one day, who would kick their teeth in for not minding their own fucking business.

As they stammered out apologies, I gave em my back and went to my truck to drive away.

Their accent was not a local one.
    did they at least note the condition of the animal first?