Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: YOUR Calls

My first prized possession. Many years ago I had the fortune of meeting Jim Davis, Jim was the inventor of Rainchalk. Jim mentioned that he dabbled in callmaking. He was watching the movie "Crocodile Dundee", and many of you will remember the part where Dundee says he needs to make a phone call and spins the flat rock on a string. Well, Jim told me that the sound reminded him of a drumming turkey. So he proceeded to record his pet turkeys, put the recordings on an oscilloscope and then whittle on some wood till it matched. Well, he did it, and even called in a wild strutting gobbler from a 1/4 mile distance. He then laughed and said that where he screwed up was making the call a 3-n-1 call, the drumming call, a trumpet ( clear plastic tube in the circle and a scratch call ( there is a small piece of ceramic on the blade and you would use the pegs on the outside of the circle). I was able to get one of these calls before Jim died a few years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

My other prized possession. My buddy Delton Lord napped this knife for me. The handle is deer antler with a deer sinew wrap and brown obsidian blade
    Attached Images Attached Images