Thread: 9-18 Teal Update

tradorion Coots

Well- no federsal stamp yesterday and the federal man forgot his too... so we both left the guns in the truck and just worked and OF COURSE were COVERED UP in teal pre-sunrise and still saw enough up close to have come close to a limit after legal light...

So today i go back with said stamp, steel, and 870 to do a bit of work and play... and OF COURSE no duck, no ducks, no ducks.... hell, judging by the number of shots fired and the following checks/talks with hunters I was not the only one.... saw 3 in one boat (1 man)... other than that saw 2-5 men in every boat and no more than 2 teal and many boats had none.... even checked a few shrimpers (bait) on the way out and they were doing poor as well. BUMMER.

Oh well... time to go check some deers drives before hitting the dove hunters.

See ya'll after dark.

Keep um strait Trad!

Trad, this is a little off topic, but very similar in taste. Got our doe tags this past week with plans on shooting a slick. Been seeing 10-15 every time I've sat this year. Drove from Simpsonville to Allendale Friday night to get a quick hunt in before heading to the football game yesterday afternoon. Got in the stand early and it was a beautiful clear & cooler morning. Guess what? NOTHING!!! There is something in those dang tags that must spook the deer. Finally, about 8AM, a doe & young deer come across the food plot, not even slowing down to get a shot! Go figure.
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

I didn't hunt on Friday, killed three bluewings on Saturday and a 43" cottonmouth on Sunday but no teal. Steel #3 patterns very well at 6 feet through a modified RemChoke.

I'm going in the morning (Monday). Will post any good pictures when I get back home.

{edited for spelling}
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.