Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman trial

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

As I recall the conversation, the words were "we don't need you to do that" Not..."you are hereby ordered to stop". Was it a strong suggestion or an order that you are required to obey? Think of it this way. If someone broke into your house and you called 911 and told the operator that you had a gun and was prepared to defend yourself, what do you think that the 911 operator would say? I can tell you from personal experience (in SC anyway) that the majority of the time, they will tell you to put the gun down. NOW, are you obligated to obey that "command"......and possibly die or do what you are LEGALLY entitled to do? In other words the immediacy of the situation should take priority over what a 911 operator who was miles away suggested.

I do not know what FLA. law says, but I think that perhaps too much is being made of what Zimmerman did or didn't do in regards to what the 911 operator said. In other words, is Zimmerman LEGALLY REQUIRED to do what the 911 operator SUGGESTED? Certainly, if he disregarded it, he may be more out on a limb, but that does it mean that he is slam dunk guilty? I still think that it will legally come down to exactly what happened in the 1-2 minutes prior to the shot.

Trayvon certainly did nothing wrong by walking in the neighborhood, but it also seems that Zimmerman's following him from a distance to keep an eye on him until the police could arrive and resolve was probably not illegal either. It may have made Trayvon uneasy, creeped, or pissed, but it seems that he was completely free to just walk or run to the Apt. where his father was. Apparently he didn't, so what happened? Who confronted whom and how did it go down? Who initiated the attack, or was it mutual. In SC, if it was mutually initiated, whoever fires a shot is screwed regardless of what the other did (mutual combat).

If Zimmerman truly wanted to kill Trayvon (as the prosecution said), why did he call the police in the first place? Why didn't he just run him down and shoot him?

We may never KNOW for sure exactly what happened, but remember the prosecution has to prove Zimmerman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.......not that he is just likely guilty.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    We may never KNOW for sure exactly what happened, but remember the prosecution has to prove Zimmerman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.......not that he is just likely guilty.
    this would be true if this was an actual trial where guilt or innocence was trying to be determined. I am not sure if this is more of a political play or a witch hunt.

my problem with this whole fiasco is it was avoidable. fast forward to the end... tm was beating the shit out of zim... bam, he gets a shot off and kills his attacker... good shoot. the problem is the fact he initiated the conflict by following him. I do not remember the exact conversation but the operator told him several times to stop following him and wait for the police.

there are several certians in this mess... tm is dead, zim's life is ruined and it was all avoidable. period end of conversation.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    How old was the "kid?"
    Not sure but he was 6 foot 8 with criminal records and his school records were bad too. Caut a few times at school smoking weed. When they did the atopsy they found marijuana in his blood but the didn't want anyone to bring any of this up in court. Wth kinda stuff is this!?

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    the problem is the fact he initiated the conflict by following him. I do not remember the exact conversation but the operator told him several times to stop following him and wait for the police.
    That is not my recollection from listening to the raw audio from the call (it was not a 911 call btw). Zimmerman was only told once that they suggest he not follow and he complied and headed back to his truck. There is a transcript at the website below.

As far as Zimmerman following him in the first place, what should a neighborhood watch do? See something suspicious and run inside and lock all the doors? I would certainly think it was proper to try to keep eyes on a suspect that was unusual in the neighborhood. Martin was doing this in the rain and was NOT between the quickiemart and the condo. He was wandering the neighborhood IN THE RAIN. I would follow someone doing that in my neighborhood.

If you want to see a good run down of where things are situated in the neighborhood, check out this site:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...-developments/

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    If Zimmerman truly wanted to kill Trayvon (as the prosecution said), why did he call the police in the first place? Why didn't he just run him down and shoot him?
    My thoughts exactly.

Martin was a 6' 160lb 17yr old. Zimmerman is 5'7" 185ish. I don't know how many of you played sports with any one of Trayvon's build and race, but I've seen some damn strong 6' 160lb black kids(this isn't meant to be racist at all, btw).

Bingo. I don't think that the operator's "commands" are legally binding. And I'm more apt to believe someone who calls the police to report a suspicious person and says that the guy was watching him and walking towards him and that he took off running versus some hood-rat chick who can't put a sentence together and has been caught lying under oath mulitiple times.

Should Zimmerman have "pursued" Trayvon, probably not. Should he have kept his distance and watched him? I would say absolutely. If Zimmerman wanted to just kill Martin, he would have never called the police in the first place.
    Last edited by quackaddict; 06-28-2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Let's say Zimmerman didn't call the police until after. How would it have played out?

If barry-o hadn't said, "If I had a son, he would have looked like Trayvon", how would it have played out?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Let's say worms now carry machine guns. Will bird's still fuck with them.

One of the neighbors has testified that he SAW Trayvon straddling Zimmerman and "pummeling him"..........

That and the photos of Zimmerman's injuries should be enough...

The DA's office should have charged him with Manslaughter (if anything)....... Murder 1 was a looooooooooooong reach. (and racially motivated)

I hope Zimmerman walks.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/28...est=latestnews
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 06-28-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

This new witness, who is supposed to be prosecution's witness, is also handing this case to the defense. I love it. The prosecution lawyer(I'll call him Dr. Phil), is getting REALLY pissed that his witnesses are proving Zimmerman's innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by TCEA_Wintertime View Post
    Not sure but he was 6 foot 8 with criminal records and his school records were bad too. Caut a few times at school smoking weed. When they did the atopsy they found marijuana in his blood but the didn't want anyone to bring any of this up in court. Wth kinda stuff is this!?

6 foot 8"?? I heard he was 9 foot 5".... Dumbass.

Fuck Zimmerman
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Fuck Zimmerman
    Why? For keeping a close eye on a suspicious person in his neighborhood? The same neighborhood that had 40 some crimes committed in one year? When Trayvon saw Zimmerman following him, Trayvon took it upon himself to confront Zimmerman.
    :FYT:

Fuck Tee

Fuck Trent.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

fuck bitches.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Its ok big guy.

I got your back. Dont go get all sniffy on us cause Trent was mean to you.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

get money
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

I would love to read Teeeeeeeeeee's splain his stance on this .

It would be interesting.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.