Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer flyfishing on the Chattooga

Quote Originally Posted by CUducks648 View Post
    Also what is a deep pool ? 4-5 ft?
    Probably 6 to 8, I fell in several and couldn't touch. Those rocks are slick....
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Alright thanks for the advice guys!

Those stocked trout will be in the places like they came from, gentle runs with enough distortion to make them feel safe from above. Lot like the concrete runs at the hatchery. Should be a good year for wild trout with all the rain we had this summer. Next couple years should be good.

The tooga has always been fun. Usually a few days after they are released is a good time. I have always started at burrels and fished up towards the hatchery. Great times!
    Last edited by LowcountryFx4; 09-15-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    The deuce is loose

its been a few years for me too. We used to put in at Burrel Ford and float down fly fishing from a raft. miss those days.

Burrell's Ford was the southernmost point that I started from... I like smaller water and more seclusion.

Not the best fly fishing venue, but I used to wear out small browns with ultralight spinning tackle working up the East Branch. When it was time to hike out, my cardio was put to the test going up the mountain.

My other favorite spots I'm keeping mum on, but they required a Georgia license.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

yeah for spinning I had great luck with the yellow and black rooster tail on a 2lb. line unltra lite rod and spinning reel. But climbing back up the mountain crawling under the laurle was tough.