Thread: Hartwell sat - sun

Hunted hartwell sat and sun. saw lots of geese. I only saw a few mallards, but we did see a couple widgeon and some bluebills. Sunday some guys were on an Island in front of us, all the birds were working that island, but we could see those guys from the several hundred yards away that we were. We didn't see any flights that looked like they were coming from Deloche. Any one heard any news about what he is doing this year?
    "Hey bo is them ducks or sea gulls"

I know DeLoach hunted on Saturday morning. On Friday, I overheard a guy I graduated high school with telling someone else they were hunting. His Dad is a long-time member down there.
    SCMallard

And again, not picking on anyone here, but KRT has a pretty good thread titled "Lurkers". Lets not tell everybody on this site when deloach has hunted or when he will hunt unless you want to meet assloads of rubberheads out there hunting.

DK
    Go Tigers!!!

I don't think there is anything wrong with posting who is going to shoot their cornpond birds on a certain day. I'm not one of those big money, big flooded corn type hunters. If somebody wants to go out there and kill every single one of big money's birds when they come out of the yellow brick road, more power to em. You all bitch and moan about scoutin and gettin into the hole 4 hours early, then find out when Deloche is shootin his place, get there early, and hammer em. If you want to be a lazy ass and show up 5 minutes before shooting time and skybust his birds then do that too. But don't cry when somebody else finds out when he is shooting and beats you to "your hole", which is actually "a place that his birds fly to and from for food".

BTW, Deloche is shooting his place Friday morning.
    I have a dream

Skybuster,
    The only thing thats wrong with posting when a big money man is hunting his corn ponds is that when people find out, everybody and their brother will be hunting and public duck hunters that cannot afford to have corn ponds get screwed by the rubberheads. And the good thing of his corn ponds is that he does not release any scwa birds.

"If you want to be a lazy ass and show up 5 minutes before shooting time and skybust his birds then do that too. But don't cry when somebody else finds out when he is shooting and beats you to "your hole", which is actually "a place that his birds fly to and from for food".

this is quoted from you skybuster, seems pretty funny, also seems that all this is directed at me. If so, why dont you come up from chucktown and hunt with us, do it the hard way. and yea sometimes I may get there 4 hours before shooting time to get a hole but it isnt a gaurentee on killing ducks. also, I do not claim holes to myself, If I'm beat to a hole I've wanted to hunt then so be it, I move on and find another.

DK
    Go Tigers!!!

Originally posted by Duckkiller:
    and yea sometimes I may get there 4 hours before shooting time to get a hole but it isnt a gaurentee on killing ducks. DK
    That is upstate SC duck hunting. u tell em DK
    Ten commandments In Cajun 1. God is number one... and das All.
    6. Killin' duck an' fish, das' OK... people No!
    8. Don't take nobody's boat... or nuttin' else.

People read duck hunting web sites for duck hunting information. If you want to read duck hunting websites to find out whether or not KRT has been sucking off toothdoc in fork swamp, then have at it.
    I personally read it to see what every one else is doing with the birds. Just because someone says that big money just planted 200 acres of corn and released 75 banded birds, doesn't mean I'm going to haul ass over there and cut you off. If you want to shoot somebodies swing tamies then go right ahead.
    Like I said before. Just don't be pissed off if somebody beats you to the "banded green."
    Shoot the fuck out of the birds that he bought. I would!
    I have a dream

"I personally read it to see what every one else is doing with the birds" Skybuster dont forget to add that you sound like an internet scouter also. just look at your quote

"Just because someone says that big money just planted 200 acres of corn and released 75 banded birds, doesn't mean I'm going to haul ass over there and cut you off. If you want to shoot somebodies swing tamies then go right ahead."

obviously you dont read very well skybuster, I said no such thing as that.

hey skybuster nice quote under your profile, and nice avatar image also, maybe you are the tamie lover that is ruining SC's ducks.
    "No shame in shootin the tame!"

DK
    Go Tigers!!!

Hey, Hey easy fellas I posted that info as a courtesy, not to start a war. I do believe this site was concieved as a place for us to share info. Just because you are in "the hole" does'nt mean you will kill them. Proof of this comes from what occured on sunday, there were guys in the right spot but I saw them from several hundred yards away, you better believe the ducks saw them. That is why they never fired a shot. By the way, if Deloche shot saturday we never saw any of those birds.
    "Hey bo is them ducks or sea gulls"