Thread: Lights

Default Lights

I'm getting into bowfishing and love it, I was wondering were I could get good but cheap lights for my boat. My budget is about $75 so don't have a lot to work with. Some of my friends are just using the $15 yellow worklights from Wal-Mart or Home Depot. I also have a 2000 watt generator. Have a bigger one but is way louder and to big for what I want. Thanks, Blair

Double B`s Buoy

Yea that is kinda of a tough one. You can use the Halogen work lights that you can buy most anywhere and they will work alright. That is what I started out using but then I saved some money and switched to high pressure sodium light and they were a lot better. One thing to remember that I always heard is that don't want to run your generator a full capacity but instead keep it around 75-80%. What I'm saying is, it's probably not good for your generator to try to run 4 500watt halogen lights and max it out at 2000 watts. You can still get a way with just running 3 500 watt lights and still have pretty good light.

Default Re: Lights

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Yea that is kinda of a tough one. You can use the Halogen work lights that you can buy most anywhere and they will work alright. That is what I started out using but then I saved some money and switched to high pressure sodium light and they were a lot better. One thing to remember that I always heard is that don't want to run your generator a full capacity but instead keep it around 75-80%. What I'm saying is, it's probably not good for your generator to try to run 4 500watt halogen lights and max it out at 2000 watts. You can still get a way with just running 3 500 watt lights and still have pretty good light.
    The only thing with the big lights is I'm running out of a 14 foot glassmaster with a 50 Johnson on it. It is my first boat (with real motor other than trolling motor) I got it today. So until I get a bigger boat I'm stuck with the 2000 watt honda generator.

Double B`s Buoy

Default Re: Lights

I might have $100 for lights not sure yet.

Double B`s Buoy
    14 foot glassmaster w/ 50 Johnson

another question, should i put one light on the bow and then one on port and starboard or have 2 on one side were the rail is now and then one bow mounted, working on getting a rail for the port side, had to remove the old one to put on the trollin motor.