Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time

Default First Time

I just entered into the the gator hunt lottery for SC. I have been told that you usually don't get a tag your first time applying. Just wondering if this is True...

It typically takes 10-12 years to get drawn. The good news is that gives you time to save up for all the equipment you will need to hunt.

This reminds me...

I need to sell all of my gator shit before I get sucked into another free guiding gig.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    This reminds me...

I need to sell all of my gator shit before I get sucked into another free guiding gig.
    I want to go. Do you do the cleaning afterwards too? I'll throw in a small tip if you do a good job.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

It should take atleast 3 years for you to get drawn.

Bb, i like how you think. I havent told a soul i would take them this year, and aint gonna. This will be the first year since the season opened that i didnt go.... Im looking forward to killin some flounder in late september

It would take a grand for me to even consider it.

Then I would have to take out a commercial insurance policy, and that ain't happening.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I've got a buddy that has had terrible luck with the two tags he drew. Once because we were raw beginners and screwed it up and once because the rest of our group drew tags and ran out of time to fill his. He did get a small one but wants a ten foot or better so he keeps putting in for them. Wouldn't hurt my feelings a damn bit if he didn't get drawn this year. If it wasn't for owing him for doing so much to help me fill my tags, I wouldn't go again either.

Took my daughter turkey hunting this year and now she has decided she wants to kill anything that walks, swims or flys so she is putting in for a tag as well. I swear the things we will do for our kids, even the grown ones.

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.
    Last edited by flockbuster; 05-10-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I kept all my shit last year because my uncle drew a tag, then never went.

Fucker.

Last year was the last of my "promised" hunts. Finally everybody that i so stupidly told i would take (when it was just beginning and i still enjoyed it) finally got drawn.

I can count the number of people i would take gator hunting in the next 5 years on one hand, and none of them have a tag coming down the pipe any time soon.

That's so nice that I'm in that 5 Adam.

Btw, I don't think i'm applying this year.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post

now she has decided she wants to kill anything that walks, swims or flys
    never complain about the above statement. it's a blessing.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Little Brother will be wanting his own tag duh'rectly I reckon.

I may just hire a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    that's so nice that i'm in that 5 adam.
    haha, there aint 5 on the list, and you aint one of the four! Haha

They now have an option on line you can pay the 10 bucks and gain a preference point but not be put in the lottery. Didnt see that any other year.

Then I would have to take out a commercial insurance policy, and that ain't happening.
    You don't have to worry about this you wouldn't be smart enough to pass the captains exam anyway.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    You don't have to worry about this you wouldn't be smart enough to pass the captains exam anyway.

LMAO, considering some of the folks the let lean on a helm these days, (ahem), I am pretty confident.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    It should take atleast 3 years for you to get drawn.

Bb, i like how you think. I havent told a soul i would take them this year, and aint gonna. This will be the first year since the season opened that i didnt go.... Im looking forward to killin some flounder in late september
    I got 4 folks promised on 8 footers..At least 2 will get tags Im sure. I love hunting em but If I can help fill all the tags in the first week or so, I am all about the flounders as well. I managed last year but only had two to fill. My favorite is on the first night of a hunt, despite my descriptions and stories, about 5 hours into it, the sport will say "im getting tired, can we go ahead and fill this tag and roll out"
    You can grow up to be just like me....

This reminds me...

you are a better person for doing it.

I aint saying I havent had fun.

Just saying that my belly is full.