Thread: Lake Hartwell 1/14

Woke up to early, got too wet on the boat ride from waves breaking onto the boat, had decoys float over 1000 yards away due to wind. Great morning. Only saw 2 geese as we were loading the boat up but did fortunately recover the decoys. BTW could anyone give me some suggestions for weights for open water decoys since mine are only good for the swamp I guess.
    \"We were walkin in high cotton, old times there are not forgotten\"

Get the anchors that slip over the head. I believe they're 16oz weights. It takes them awhile to unravel if you're in deep water, so take that into consideration when throwing them out when the wind/current is moving fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Try as gang rig. You may have to play with it to keep them from all looking like divers in a line, but it should work. Sorry it sucked out there. Frustrating out there, aint it. PM me for more info if you like.

For gang rigs set them up as a "J" or a "V" have the pocket towards you.

If you are hunting the lake all you need are some mushroom weights, Green Head Gear makes them and Walmart sells them.

"H" weights in the 16 oz range can get heavy and expensive if you have a lot of decoys.

Scoop weights are also an option...they have a rubber strap on them that stretches to help them hold on the bottom.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.