Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Xpress project (long read)

Looking good, how much storage is in the bow compartment?
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Default Re: My Xpress project (long read)

Is that really rope light?

Quote Originally Posted by secondseason View Post
    Is that really rope light?
    Yup. It comes on a little reel with the adhesive already on it, simply peel and stick. They are 16' long so two strings would go down one side, into the storage bin to shine some light in there , and then back down the other side. I have to jump the two ends together with a small piece of wire and solder it in place. Feed 'em 12VDC and viola... you have light.
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-29-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Typo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Default Re: My Xpress project (long read)

Cool.. thanks

I thought about that idea but wasn't sure how much light it would put off.

so are you tickling our asses with a feather or are you going to post up the pic of the switch panel installed? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

CU it has limited space up there honestly. Enough for a few things, anchor, jug of oil, tie down straps from the trailer and some life vests. That's about it. A fair trade for the half deck up front.

MG,

I haven't got that far yet. One thing at a time is literally all I can do. I carved out about 30 minutes to measure, cut the hole and do a few other small things. I'm removing all the crimp on terminals on the wires on the back of the switch panel and soldering the connections, then covering with something that will potect them from the moisture they'll endure over the life of the boat. So I'm still in the wiring phase. Will post up finished product ASAP.
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-20-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I got the light idea from ShotgunDave when he did it on his ride. I had considered it prior, but just wasn't sure which route to go. Seeing the picture he posted of his boat had me sold. Green is less fatiguing on the eye too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Update

I finally got a few hours to run my electrical stuff and solder it all in. The mounted panel turned pretty well. Got my Tiny Tach installed and mounted. It ain't ideal location but honestly, my options were limited. I had to drill and tap some threads for the best mount. Got my power trim button wired and mounted as well. Thanks to Joe Krasko I picked up a used 13 gallon tank that fit perfectly in the hole.

Now that I have all this mess finished the next sliver of time I get I can actually take it out on the water. Next step is to see what kind of RPMs I'm turning and decide on a prop. Can't wait to see how she runs.

Last edited by willyworm; 07-30-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Edit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boat is coming along nicely.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Thanks. I heard you and Bobby went riding the other day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

haha yeah ran into him at the sandbar and took him for a quick trip. Think I got him convinced he needs a bigger motor lol
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Hehe. I think we all need a bigger motor. I'd like to have the 50 Phone Man had on this hull, but money was the limiting factor. Maybe one day...

Hopefully I'll have her out on the water, and a new stainless prop on order by the weekend.

Hyrdo turf comes next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bring her down to the sandbar! I wanna see it!
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Might be able to work something out. Wife's got little man in there about ready to break camp. She's having contractions but they're not real consistent or hard. Doc sent her home this morn at 1 cm dilated. Hopefully for her he'll come on out of there soon. She needs some relief. That fella has wreaked some havoc on her poor little body this last month or so. Another reason why this boat hasn't seen water since I've owned it.
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-29-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Addition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Y'alls first? Congrats either way, hope all goes well when that time is here.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

#2 for us. Got a little girl, bout 21 months. She was born right about the time beanhunter had their little one in 2011.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    haha yeah ran into him at the sandbar and took him for a quick trip. Think I got him convinced he needs a bigger motor lol
    Yep,got wait til tax time.that's what happens when u got baby on the way

Nice bote for an old COMNAV guy. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Nice bote for an old COMNAV guy. . .
    Hehe, thanks. You know I'm in QA now right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I do now. . . Im out processing for the deid for 90 should be back right before thanksgiving. . .How long you been one of those snakes called QA?