Thread: Upstate gobbling

Are they gobbling in the upstate yet. Ive been doing alot of scouting but I havent gone out early yet and listened. Ill probably start that this week.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I haven't heard a peep yet.

I was home Saturday visiting family in the upstate so I snuck away to take a drive and look for birds. Didn't see a single bird all day. Made me wonder how the population is holding out up there. Then I swung by some wma and found where three big boys had walked down a road after the rain. I followed their tracks as they dropped off into a creek bottom and scratched for a few hundred yards. Looked like they were interested in feeding.

Spent most of the weekend out at our club land and did not see a single bird. Saw some tracks but it seems the areas that were torn up weeks ago are now void of any activity. I'm going to be in the woods early this weekend to listen for the music.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken