Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know Any Homeschoolers?

Edisto,

I apologize that I have not repsonded to your questions sooner. The law that was passed has been coined the "Tebow Law". It allows home-schooled athletes to try out for and play for the public high-school that they are zoned to attend.

Regarding their own league, the PAC football program competes in the Palmetto Football Conference against other home-schooled football programs, Shannon Forest, a Christian school in Greenville and Rabun Gap School in Northeast Georgia. The basketball teams compete in the end-of-year state tournament in Easley every year, altohogu there is not a definitive league that they are in. The baseball teams play primarily locally and do not participate in a league, although we have been approached by teams from North Carolina to Georgia asking to form a league.

Recently, the South Carolina Home School Athletic Association has been founded to provide oversight and governance for home-school athletics, much like SCISA does. In addition to governing athletics, it is expected to eventually provide state-wide tournaments in many sports.

Regarding the statement of faith. For Providence Athletic Club (PAC) - we are a Christian organization. All of our coaches are Christian and are required to profess that in a signed document.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

To the original point of the post,

Tryout Dates have been set:

September 21st 5:00PM Junior Varsity

September 28th 5:00PM Varsity

Bray Park
    280 Bray Park Road
    West Columbia,SC 29172
    ***Please note that as before if a junior varsity player can’t attend on the 21st they should attend the tryout on the 28th. The same goes for varsity players. If they can’t attend on the 28th, they should attend on the 21st.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...