Thread: One more time

Default One more time

And some yute days of course. Good luck Gentlemen...

Same to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bout to head out in a few minutes. Good luck fellas

Sitting in the truck, bout to make the 5 minute walk to my hole.

I didn't go today. I have hunted everyday but 6. Had a good season and now I'm looking forward to youth hunts and geese.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 01-31-2016 at 08:21 AM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

It ended yesterday morning for us. Next year it will probably be extended to the youth day as the grandsons begin coming of age. Actually it was one of the better seasons afield in terms of birds taken - despite the lack of really cold weather. Our old retriever, now in the twilight of his career, got in on some of the action when we had balmy days. We also broke in a new retriever that benefitted from getting the lion's share of the work for much of the season.

We began draining one impoundment immediately after the hunt, but will leave another flooded for two weeks. Then it's the usual rush to dry out the field and get it planted by the end of April. We have five wood duck boxes to install, others to maintain and monitor and, weather and funds permitting, we hope to expand the size of our plantable area.
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I didn't go today. I have hunted everyday but 6. Had a good season and now I'm looking forward to youth hunts and geese.
    We didn't go either. Birds never showed back up otherwise you/we would have gone
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Holy cow that's a lot of duck hunting. How many did you kill?
    Windows Down!

Finished it up this morning with 1 greenhead. Saw a good many birds, but only 2 dropped in with feet down. It's been a good season for me. Got a 10 month old lab now that has picked up alot of birds and learned a lot in a short time. Been fun working in a new pup.

Time to go to work now. Got a dam to repair on a pond and going to use the chainsaw to clear out some more openings in a flooded 10 year old cutover. Going to pour the corn to them now that the season is over and put the trail camera up.
    Last edited by E. Taylor; 01-31-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Holy cow that's a lot of duck hunting. How many did you kill?

I'm glad it's over.

I'm glad it's over too. I didn't see one good duck today and I sat til 12. All had had come in was bluebills and buffleheads and I didn't feel like shooting them. The season was fair.
    867-5309

I had more fun this week, especially this weekend than this entire season.

Wow, True dedication.
    Windows Down!

Mixed feelings on season ending. It was a tough one for sure. Already making plans for next year and researching new areas.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Wow, True dedication.
    Yeah people give me hell for hunting this state that hard.. They say the money I waste I could go out of state and kill them. To me I love the challenge of this state. Convincing wild mallards around my area is a tuff thing to do. I have passed on a lot of woodies this year to kill the ducks I killed this year. I have killed 10 different species in this state and I learned a lot of new things on how to hunt around here. Just lime the challenge.... Take someone that hunts out of state only and put them out in some places around here and they probably come back empty handed. Just my thoughts.

Yeah people give me hell for hunting this state that hard.. They say the money I waste I could go out of state and kill them. To me I love the challenge of this state. Convincing wild mallards around my area is a tuff thing to do. I have passed on a lot of woodies this year to kill the ducks I killed this year. I have killed 10 different species in this state and I learned a lot of new things on how to hunt around here. Just lime the challenge.... Take someone that hunts out of state only and put them out in some places around here and they probably come back empty handed. Just my thoughts.
    SC's public water is the proving ground and that is iron clad fact.
    Anybody, and I do mean anybody, can kill ducks in Arkansas or a private impoundment.
    I'm not knocking OOS hunters or impoundment shoots.
    I do both and love it.
    But public land puddle ducks around here is something to be respected.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    SC's public water is the proving ground and that is iron clad fact.
    Anybody, and I do mean anybody, can kill ducks in Arkansas or a private impoundment.
    I'm not knocking OOS hunters or impoundment shoots.
    I do both and love it.
    But public land puddle ducks around here is something to be respected.
    True
    867-5309

I know the feeling. During the season I catch hell ATLEAST once a week from my buddies when I'm hunting 5-6 days during the week and scratching and clawing for the ducks we kill.

Then we come back from OOS and everyone wants to hang it up, meanwhile I'm planning to hunt the very next day.
    Last edited by dujunkie; 01-31-2016 at 03:25 PM.