Inspired by High Strung.

Rebel Yell and I worked our asses off Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. We planted and sprayed sunflowers and bennie in two small dove fields.
We still have two fields to plat. One of which will be strips along an irrigated corn field, which should be easy. The other will need a good bit of work and currently has a swine issue...

Our original field was easy, plow a few time and plant on... This field is about 5 acres 115'x 1850' swath with a power line running the entire length. ag on both sides. Last year the southern side (ours) was peanuts, and to the north was cotton. We are holding and feeding about 300 birds here with the old peanuts that are still in the field. This year this field will be cotton and the other corn or soybeans i suspect (different property & farmer). As an added bonus, about 2/3 of this dove strip s irrigated by the neighbors pivot...

The other field has been fallow for a number of years. We have spent a good bit of time this winter getting it ready to plant. Burned it off, pushed up 100,s of small oaks, sweetgums, and pine, shagged sticks and roots. Plowed it, plowed it again, chisel plowed it, and plowed again. Task let include erect a false power line. We have the pole, just need to find some wire. Any ideas on something cheap and easily obtained for the birds to light on? Need approximately 700 ft?

Now if we can keep the deers backed off well be just fine. Hope it don't dry up on us now...

I will try to keep this thread running of the progress.