Thread: Finally got the first one!!

I have finally killed my first turkey ever this season. I killed it back on March 25th but have been waiting on a shit ass friend of mine to email the pics off of his camera which he still has neglected to do. So I am going ahead and giving his stats and will post pics of the beard and the spurs.

Beard: (double) both beards are 10 1/2" long
    Spurs: 1" and 1 1/4"
    Weight: 19 lbs

On the way in that morning he was gobbling at everything. we sat up and waited. When he hit the ground he completely shut up and walked the other way down into the swamp. No more than 5 minutes later here comes a hen crossing right in front of us going in same direction as him. 20 minutes later here comes two hens up the hill with him in tow. I hit him at twenty yards. It was a great hunt. I sure am glad to get that monkey off of my back.
    Doin the bull dance, feelin the flow

Congrats!
    The Tiger who does not prowl is a potential rug.

We didn't realize that it was a double beard until we started cutting on him. I have never seen one that had both beards the same length. Usually one is shorter than the other. I think I am going to make one of squatty's nifty contraptions to hang it up.
    Doin the bull dance, feelin the flow

Congratulations!
    Republicans were created in the image of God, but I do believe that Democrats descended from apes.

Congrats on your bird! :thumbsup:
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Good deal Creston!!!!
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead