Thread: Lowcountry activity?

What have y'all been seeing down in the lower state? Activity picking up any? Gobbling? Birds starting to split up good? Just trying to decide if I should take some of my vacation in that first w/e to get on 'em early.
    \"Liberalism is a mental disorder.\" -Michael Savage<br /><br />\

I had 6 birds gobbling last saturday morning..i havent been able to get out since then

I heard some gobbling yesterday morning. They still seemed to be flocked up though. My buddy saw 9 longbeards together yesterday feeding.

Still buched up , some strutting and have'nt heard one yet.
    80-20 Genaration

I've done some scouting the past several w/e's on a piece of propery right outside Branchville and it appears the same to me...still flocked, little activity, not a peep. Some random droppings is about all I've been able to come up w/, but I guess that's better than no signs. I might just wait a few weeks to take that vacation time! I'm ready to go NOW!
    \"Liberalism is a mental disorder.\" -Michael Savage<br /><br />\

Went out to scout this weekend,I heard nothing and only saw two hens.I hope things pick up. If everything is true about the hatch last two years it is going to tuff.But will more than likely be getting some real mature birds.I do love shouting those long spurs.

Bad hatch for the last two years but S.C. still sent Texas a large batch of turkeys. Go figure.

Bad hatches in upstate, good hatches in lowcountry

heard 3 birds yesterday morning and ive been seein a lot of birds in the area...just within the last 2 weeks...saw 9 long beards and 6 hens in the area..and the biggin' was struttin his stuff off.....wont be long...........less than 72 hours...aint gonna sleep any........ [img]graemlins/2ar15.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whacko.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/boom.gif[/img]
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

rome - keep our secret spots quite [img]smile.gif[/img]

According to his earlier posts, Romeo thinks keeping spots secret is selfish and can lead to Judaism. You might have to kill him to keep your spot secret.

.....shouldnt you be scouting on charlestonfishing.com about right now....and quit being stingy
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

So tell us your secret turkey spot....or are you also stingy?

Go ahead and tell me. You know I won't tell anyone. It's against my religion.

secret turkey hole ...man thats easy.....NorthWoods Mall parking lot in N. Charleston...especially right outside Dillard's.....saw a big boy struttin' out there right beside a minivan the other day...man they are everywhere in there

NBK Pro-staff