View Poll Results: Do you think pot should be legalized nationwide?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

256 66.49%
  • No

129 33.51%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marijuana

As long as its not taxed so much that it becomes higher than street value

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by paynej View Post
    legalize pot and tax the shit out of it. we got out of debt after the revolutionary war by taxing whisky... why not do the same now with pot. I like that idea better than handing over more and more of my paycheck each year.
    oh yea...increased revenue must = lower taxes.... :bullmalarkey:
    Increased revenue = increased spending .....Look at the state lottery.

Heck, its usually the same with families...Pay increase = more spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    As long as its not taxed so much that it becomes higher than street value

You worried, Brah? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by paynej View Post
    legalize pot and tax the shit out of it.

funny if its legal i will be growing my own pot... fuck paying more taxes. but good try

Do you have any idea the money the police and feds make off of weed being illegal? Waaaaay fuckin' more than they ever would legalizing it. You see those kick ass photo ops with those stacks of cash, cars, etc? They get to keep that.

Why in the world would they make it legal and take a pay cut?
    exactly. if it's legalized how will the police save the community and bust into houses with all their tacticool shit, battering rams, and tear gas just over some weed? the police have a vested interest in it being illegal.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    You worried, Brah? LOL
    haha, no. but if legal weed costs more than street weed, who is going to be buying legal weed? the 4% of the population that doesnt smoke weed ONLY because its illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    haha, no. But if legal weed costs more than street weed, who is going to be buying legal weed? The 4% of the population that doesnt smoke weed only because its illegal?
    dude i think i just shit my pants when i saw your avatar

Weed isle in Walmart.. let that sink in for a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    And the designated hitter is stupid. Be a man and grab a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by XHailGC View Post
    You worried, Brah? LOL

he isnt worried he was scoping out some land this past weekt to start a grow field if it becomes legal...He had to shoot a bird that attacked him but he is ok....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    funny if its legal i will be growing my own pot... fuck paying more taxes. but good try

You will pay taxes on it...if you get caught with it you will have to have some container or bag with the tax stamp just like cigarettes gurantee....

Do you have any idea the money the police and feds make off of weed being illegal? Waaaaay fuckin' more than they ever would legalizing it. You see those kick ass photo ops with those stacks of cash, cars, etc? They get to keep that.

Why in the world would they make it legal and take a pay cut?
    God forbid they have to go out and bust real criminals.

Only time I've ever been afraid of a pothead was when I was holdin a freshly opened bag of Doritos.

I don't smoke the shit...but I can guarantee you I have done way more dangerous dumb shit drinking whiskey than I ever would smoking dope. Legalize it, tax it, and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I don't smoke the shit...but I can guarantee you I have done way more dangerous dumb shit drinking whiskey than I ever would smoking dope. Legalize it, tax it, and be done with it.
    X2.

And leave people alone who buy hydroponics to grow anything....including tomatoes...in their private residences.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Even if they legalize it and don't tax it, it'll still save us tons of taxes by freeing up our prisons for real violent criminals, freeing up the courts to deal with real crimes, and letting our law enforcement focus on real issues.

Sure they could tax commercial pot but there would be so much home grown it wouldn't make much sense.

Allowing commercial hemp production would give farmers an annual crop for making paper fiber and we'd be less dependent on long term crops that give us big pine plantations. We'd still need wood for construction but hemp paper would be better and cheaper. Maybe that would be the impetus for pine farmers to move to long leaf instead of loblolly. Also, hemp seed makes great dove food.

The two grounps wanting pot to stay illegal the most are Law Enforcement and Drug Dealers.

If it becomes legal, LE's budget goes down significantly and the Drug Dealers are out of a job.

Ofcourse you have the bible shakers that still believe everything that Reagan said.
    Last edited by Murray; 04-05-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Also, hemp seed makes great dove food.
    Way back second to turkey food, and the jury is still out on waterfowl...

My son had a layover in Amsterdam on his way to Romania last week. His company told him, weed my be legal there, but it will still get you fired here if you fail a pee test. Has nothing to do with this conversation, just thought it was funny.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Even if they legalize it and don't tax it, it'll still save us tons of taxes by freeing up our prisons for real violent criminals, freeing up the courts to deal with real crimes, and letting our law enforcement focus on real issues.

Sure they could tax commercial pot but there would be so much home grown it wouldn't make much sense.

Allowing commercial hemp production would give farmers an annual crop for making paper fiber and we'd be less dependent on long term crops that give us big pine plantations. We'd still need wood for construction but hemp paper would be better and cheaper. Maybe that would be the impetus for pine farmers to move to long leaf instead of loblolly. Also, hemp seed makes great dove food.
    If you are in prison for weed, I can assure you it wasn't for simple possession and a first or offense. these guys have been dealing drugs and knew what they were doing. If its so harmless, why can't they stop. If they legalize it, do you think these thugaroos are going to go work? seriouslY? i
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Art was right on. Think about the first thing people think of when it comes to legalizing pot. TAX IT! We bitch about taxes, but it is ingrained in our souls to be taxed. Legalize it and stop government spending. Best of both worlds. You all know good and damn well your regular taxes aren't going away because of the money made of taxing pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    The two grounps wanting pot to stay illegal the most are Law Enforcement and Drug Dealers.

If it becomes legal, LE's budget goes down significantly and the Drug Dealers are out of a job.

Ofcourse you have the bible shakers that still believe everything that Reagan said.
    SO TRUE.