View Poll Results: Do you think pot should be legalized nationwide?

Voters
385. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

256 66.49%
  • No

129 33.51%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    There is a gov grow in south carolina. Its in the upstate. As of right now they are growning a certain type for medical. They are also growning tobacco to be used for Ebola treatment. A family friend runs the day to day operations. I asked a few weeks ago about a job in qualitly assurance and he just laughed.
    Learn something new every day.

GPS coordinates are much appreciated.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Learn something new every day.

GPS coordinates are much appreciated.
    I cant remember the name of the company. They have only been in south carolina for maybe 2 years. They are a west coast based operation. They opened up shop out here to compete against their biggest competition and recruited a father and son duo that has run a world wide plant business with about 60-70 years of experience between them. They are big into soil make and make custom soils for all kinds of different grow operations. They are growing the pot as part of a trial thru the goverment to get the contract to be one of the six grows for the southeast. South carolina is trying to keep it on the down low because of the negative pliblicity. If they get the contract it will be all over the news. Believe me when i say it will have nuclear site style security.

In the last two years I have spent a decent amount of time in CO and a week in WA. I'm all for freedom of choice and people being mostly able to police themselves, but be careful what you ask for with legal marijuana. There are a ton of responsible people in this world that smoke weed. There are a lot of responsible people in this world that consume alcohol. I think when enjoyed responsibly, each has its place.

Legalizing marijuana opens a can of worms and involves consequences that I don't think most people associate with a guy with a normal job smoking a bowl at home. I have a lot of friends that smoke weed, and the fact that it really isn't my thing has no bearing on my feelings about them. I do not know one of them that has ever been prosecuted or gotten in any legal trouble over smoking weed. It is almost like it is legal if you just don't be a dumb ass. I'm actually good with that. Some things may be better in the privacy of your home or with a small group of trusted friends.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

There are no legal grows in South Carolina. I am sure of this. If there are, give a little hint at where they are at.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    In the last two years I have spent a decent amount of time in CO and a week in WA. I'm all for freedom of choice and people being mostly able to police themselves, but be careful what you ask for with legal marijuana. There are a ton of responsible people in this world that smoke weed. There are a lot of responsible people in this world that consume alcohol. I think when enjoyed responsibly, each has its place.

Legalizing marijuana opens a can of worms and involves consequences that I don't think most people associate with a guy with a normal job smoking a bowl at home. I have a lot of friends that smoke weed, and the fact that it really isn't my thing has no bearing on my feelings about them. I do not know one of them that has ever been prosecuted or gotten in any legal trouble over smoking weed. It is almost like it is legal if you just don't be a dumb ass. I'm actually good with that. Some things may be better in the privacy of your home or with a small group of trusted friends.
    Cliffs Notes:

I don't smoke weed, but I know people that do. And I want to turkey hunt their land.
    Last edited by NUTZ; 06-15-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NUTZ View Post
    Cliffs Notes:

I don't smoke weed, but I know people that do. And I want to CONTINUE turkey hunting their land.

FIFY

The indoor grow capabilities are endless. We have been growing plants on plastic indoors for a while with increased yields of almost 3x the rate. Like I said I don't have the experience of some but my turfgrass and ornamental background put me in the mix. Hell if I wanted to grow now I could the resources are more than readily available.

As far as legalizing it and causing it to be a "Gateway" to other consequences and such is the biggest crock of crap. They said the same thing during prohibition. There is no supporting proof that marijuana leads to anything. Also if you legalize it you remove the criminal element or black market side of marijuana almost immediately. Instead of people going to sketchy neighborhoods or to black market drug dealers, they can go to their local dispensary and load up legally and safely.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

I'm all for it being legalized. It would cut out of the money going to cartels in other countries and could be put towards education or something worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    The indoor grow capabilities are endless. We have been growing plants on plastic indoors for a while with increased yields of almost 3x the rate. Like I said I don't have the experience of some but my turfgrass and ornamental background put me in the mix. Hell if I wanted to grow now I could the resources are more than readily available.

As far as legalizing it and causing it to be a "Gateway" to other consequences and such is the biggest crock of crap. They said the same thing during prohibition. There is no supporting proof that marijuana leads to anything. Also if you legalize it you remove the criminal element or black market side of marijuana almost immediately. Instead of people going to sketchy neighborhoods or to black market drug dealers, they can go to their local dispensary and load up legally and safely.

I certainly never used the term gateway. That's not what I'm getting at. I'm saying that the type of person this attracts may not be what you want. Myrtle beach tore the pavilion down for a reason.

Also, the people I know that smoke weed don't go to sketchy ass dealers. Their shit comes from the west coast in the mail. Not a ton of danger and gun play involved.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Weed is legal in South Carolina... The state simply needs to issue the tax stamps.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Cross breed it with some Kentucky blue grass and sell it to golf courses. #protip
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Cross breed it with some Kentucky blue grass and sell it to golf courses. #protip
    gotta be high to score low