Thread: 48 hours

And I'll be sitting at the cabin on the banks of the Edisto, cold can in my hand, something on the grill, and listening to the sounds of the river, waiting on next day's sunrise and the start of the 2007 season.

Damn if I'm not ready!

Good luck to y'all (silly mofo's included).

Here's to beautiful day chasing turks! Good luck.

i hear ya on that one sashimi. ill be lucky enough to be taking my first trip down to a lowstate turkey hunt. i am ready [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Originally posted by Sashimi:
    And I'll be sitting at the cabin on the banks of the Edisto, cold can in my hand, something on the grill, and listening to the sounds of the river, waiting on next day's sunrise and the start of the 2007 season.

Damn if I'm not ready!

Good luck to y'all (silly mofo's included).
    What we cookin???

I believe I will be drinking Knob Creek if it's alright with you.

Bring some fishing gear and we can meet at Hop's while the coals get ready.

See you Wednesday.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Originally posted by nitro5x6's:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
    What we cookin???

I believe I will be drinking Knob Creek if it's alright with you.

Bring some fishing gear and we can meet at Hop's while the coals get ready.

See you Wednesday. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]I'm bringing 100 selects for an appetizer (bring that Col. Krieger oyster opener), some cans for while we're sitting at Hops waiting on the coals. Bring the quail and we'll eat oysters and quail Weds PM for the pre-opener feast. I've also got a fresh box of wedding cakes I just loaded 150 wadcutters for the wheel guns, I'm going to dig out some t-loins for breakfast/lunch/supper, and some pheasants and quackers from NoDak- we'll make some sort of ditch chicken stew/ jambalaya. I'll bring a jug of Knob too, along with the required headache pills

Bring your wheel gun. I'm going to also bring a flat of Rios.. you know who says he's bringing the double-do-all trap machine... we'll have the "king of the swamp 2007" shoot off at some point. Pistol/Shotgun/Rimfire

I've also got a brand new 55 gallon magnesium sulfate barrell to make a new fire pit with... and my little husqavarna with a new chain- we'll have to scavenge for a little wood Weds PM... or maybe even get the inferno fired up.

See you Weds. Call me when you leave the cess-pool of Georgia.

Damn! Ya'll aren't going to have any time to hunt! Ya'll are going to be cooking the whole time!

by the way good luck!
    Doin the bull dance, feelin the flow

I can't understand that it's less than 48 hours and this is all the talk in the Tukery Forum, somebodys has to have something more to talk about or some more picturs of birds or something????

well half of us are pouting because we can't hunt yet. (me)

Originally posted by -Johnson Small-:
    I can't understand that it's less than 48 hours and this is all the talk in the Tukery Forum, somebodys has to have something more to talk about or some more picturs of birds or something????
    I wonder if the huge turkey hunting explosion that took place in the mid 90's (somewhere around there) is starting to fade somewhat. Maybe some guys have had their fill of it for whatever reason and have moved on to other things or made it a lesser priority. Not me, although I admit I may not be quite as obsessed and consumed with it as I once was. Hell I raised my own.

Originally posted by -Johnson Small-:
    Oh and here's a few pics.

How many toms do you see?

Big boy leads the way

Originally posted by M2Field:
    [How many toms do you see?

9?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

i have seen those pics before. you take them or get them off a game cam? or a friend's game cam?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Every Gobbler I hear and every Gobbler I kill merely stokes the fire of my Passion for Turkey hunting. This is my 29th year killing Gobblers and I still have trouble sleeping before a trip.

This year will be memorable most of all for the friends I will share it with and the places we will travel to.

Good luck to all of yall.

Sushi, I am ready to roll. Call you tonight.

AG
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Do you need a hunting partner damn .
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

"Our club house is on the main river between Whetstones and Givens Ferry."

there is a hell of alot of river between those 2 places.

I will be on the banks of the Edisto myself, just below Whetstones.....Dorchester County side.

good luck everyone
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Hey Sashimi, which part of the Edisto?

Our club house is on the main river between Whetstones and Givens Ferry. I get off work at 8am Wednesday and head to the club for four days of hunting and eating. Might not shoot a turkey but we will damn sure eat well. Sausage dogs the first night since I will be there by myself and am to lazy to cook a bunch of stuff for just me. Duck breasts and bacon on the grill Thursday night. Stuffed tenderloins on Friday and Beaufort stew on Saturday night.

Throw in four nights of listening to Barred owls putting me to bed and four mornings of Edisto swamp gobblers waking me up and life is so good I almost want to get naked and roll around on the ground like an old dog in the sunshine.

Won't be back online until Sunday night, but I hope all of you who are serious about turkeys get at least one "Ten minute" bird and another one that you can spend the season chasing this year.

Good luck all
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

..l..
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Thank you Thank you, thats better, I was having a really bad itch, and it just got scratch...wait wait.....that scratch will be infected on april 1st.......

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cut Em All:

there is a hell of alot of river between those 2 places.

I would give away every duck hunting hole I ever knew about before i would give a hint as to where a turkey might be.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    i have seen those pics before. you take them or get them off a game cam? or a friend's game cam?
    My game cam, and there's 11 gobbs in the pic