Thread: Rock Hill bbq or other good eats?

Default Rock Hill bbq or other good eats?

Will be coming down 77 around dinner time....where to feed??

Nishie G's cafe off Anderson road which is right off Cherry Rd. Greek country cooking. Mchales off Dave Lyle also has good burgers and cold beer. Sonnys Dutch Mill also off Anderson below Nishie's has good burger, hot dogs, etc. Any of those are great.

Not really any good BBQ joints in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Not really any good BBQ joints in my opinion.
    agreed. There is some damn good Mexican food at Charranda's though. It's off of Dave Lyle.
    "Fear God, Love your neighbor, and shoot ducks"

Get off on Dave Lyle Blvd. That's where a majority of the restaurants are. We had a Maurice's here but they shut down. The only two BBQ joints I know of is Burks and The Kicking Pig and they are off Cherry Red. Can't speak for them though.
    Non Supporting Member

the kickin pig is good.....not great, but good...they cook thier que all day long out front to entice the traffic....that maurice's just wasn't close to having it cooked on site like the cola shop.....the white horse is decent american food and has been around awhile.....close to winthrop on cherry rd.....but if you head that direction, just stop at wing king (i think they had to change their name to wing bonz a few months ago).....the bistro in downtown in good too

I laid out a subdivision over near Rambo Rd, and there used to be this half plywood and concrete block bar and eatery near there. Seemed kinda cool, I'd take a shank though.

Quote Originally Posted by failed@usc View Post
    agreed. There is some damn good Mexican food at Charranda's though. It's off of Dave Lyle.
    If you like Charandas there is a new mexican place called El Tapitio over on herlong right down below Lukes. And its way better than Charandas.

Also Lukes has great wings and food in general. But its about 12 mins from the interstate.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I laid out a subdivision over near Rambo Rd, and there used to be this half plywood and concrete block bar and eatery near there. Seemed kinda cool, I'd take a shank though.
    You might get one there...Not a place I would eat and I have been here 20 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    You might get one there...Not a place I would eat and I have been here 20 yrs.
    I went twice..during the daylight hours because it was close to the job site. Then it was back to Nichols.

hey biggie1976 what about the shell inn here on porter road. ive been working here at the state farm building for over 10 years and have never ate there.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    hey biggie1976 what about the shell inn here on porter road. ive been working here at the state farm building for over 10 years and have never ate there.
    The food is good. They have a pretty good country buffet on Sundays. They have the weirdest hours though. They close during the winter and are open on odd days when they are open. We have to call every time to see if they are open. They do have a great hamburger steak with onions. Its 16 oz and comes with a side. for 10 bucks I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I went twice..during the daylight hours because it was close to the job site. Then it was back to Nichols.
    Yeah dark thirty that isnt the place I would want to be...Nichols has just a good hot dog than anybody....

Going to give McHales a try....

Quote Originally Posted by marlin035 View Post
    Going to give McHales a try....

nice irish pub....if hesitant, that old town bistro is right across the street.....there's also a new pizza joint around the corner that i've heard is the best in rock hill

We eat lunch at Nichols once or twice a week. Pretty good food for a hunting store.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

theres a new bbq place in the new shopping center where BILO is off celanese rd. heard it was decent

Neither the upstate nor Piedmont have BBQ worth a damn
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 803 View Post
    Neither the upstate nor Piedmont have BBQ worth a damn
    Courtney's in Clover is good.
    Non Supporting Member

What about Bucko's?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee