Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody want to try this??

If I can get one to cooperate, I'm in. Knowing my luck, just getting one in range is 99.99% of the problem, the shooting's not.
    "Vis pacem - para bellum" If you want peace be ready for the war.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

Good idea.

My suggestion:
    You need to make a separate category for archery

do you get a bonus for killing white turkeys?
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

I would like to have a seperate contest for archery as well, but since this is the first year we are doing this we are probably going to have to just put them together. But I will talk it over with duckman and JABIII and see what we might be able to do. We just don't want to make it to confusing

Looking forward to the final version. Still have to vote for entering them all, though... Think about it; otherwise none are entered until you KNOW which one is the best. That's not what we want, is it?

Yeah that is the one thing we are going to have to figure out

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Let people enter as many as they can legally kill. The scores will work out the winner in the end. Seems it would just be more exciting that way, watching the lead change and all. And it may entice some to go out after a real trophy bird to try and climb the board. Just my 2¢
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie I think that is a GREAT IDEA!!!

Mergie has now replaced me on the committee, lol. Great ideer...

Y'all 3 get the rules figured out and Johnson and I will figure out the prizes...

this is a great idea guys..any way that yall decide to regulate the contest will be fine with me. It just gives this season a litle more excitement and anticipation.....good job guys...Im definetly in for the contest

The youth day contest is also a great idea.....Im taking my gf's little brother this year again...had a great hunt last year but no kill....
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Originally posted by JABIII:
    Mergie has now replaced me on the committee, lol. Great ideer..
    Me and my damn big mouth! I knew I shouldn't have replied to this thread! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

If I shoot one in the Low Country before the contest starts, can I enter it when it does start or does only the ones shot April 1st or later count?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Hell, i'll try it regardless.. i'm in

Did the Rules Committee get drunk and give up on this?

It's late afternoon before the youth day and this has died so I'm taking over the rules committee as of now...
    1. All birds killed this season may be entered apres 31 mar may be entered. No, your early season lowcountry birds don't count because everybody can't hunt then.

2. biggest bird by NWTF scoring will be the winner, period. Too late for separate archery.

3. Jab and that other dude can decide if 2nd and 3rd get prizes and what the hell they will be.

Carry on and kill a biggun.

You and Tater Tot goin in the morning?

I wish my 2 were old enough...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

10-4. I have a bud from NC that brings his daughter every year for youth day and they'll be joining us. I didn't get a chance to go roost one and my Jackass nephew has scheduled his funeral, errrr, wedding for tomorrow @ 11:00 so we'll be time crunched....

Originally posted by Tater:
    It's late afternoon before the youth day and this has died so I'm taking over the rules committee as of now...
    1. All birds killed this season may be entered apres 31 mar may be entered. No, your early season lowcountry birds don't count because everybody can't hunt then.

2. biggest bird by NWTF scoring will be the winner, period. Too late for separate archery.

3. Jab and that other dude can decide if 2nd and 3rd get prizes and what the hell they will be.

Carry on and kill a biggun.
    Ammendment I: A youth category shall be created and the first day of entry shall be 24 March. Should the prize committee not plan for this I will give the winning youth a call of my choosing, heck it might even be a new one.