Thread: Getting started?

Default Getting started?

Where can I learn more about how to bowfish around charleston? Thinking it might be something I'd like to get into. Any insight/advice (other than google,doing that now). I have good fishing knowledge and basic archery skills.

What do I need at minimum to give it a try one night? Can I do it with just the off-road headlights and a handheld spotlight?

What habitat/fish are best to target?
    Thanks

Find someone willing to take you. Learn from them. Sorry. That's all the help I got. Would like to try it too one day.

Growing up on lake Marion, I killed, or atleast attempted to kill a lot of fish with a Zebco ziptied to a no name compound bow, while my buddies held a cheapo spotlight.

Some of those Sam buddies now have huge lights under the deck of a modern airboat and shoot tournaments on lakes all across the south, others still shoot fish on the same flats they grew up on....I think both are equally happy, and both kill a pile of fish.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Yeah best bet is to go with someone who's already got it set up, alot of trouble if you don't know your gonna like it.