Thread: This year

I just wanted to know how the year has been for all of you. It seems that the good days have been awesome, but the bad days have been terrible. I have had bad hunts (never got on a bird at all) in places that are loaded with birds far too frequently. bad hatch, bad this, blah blah blah. I have seen more jakes than ever, but have had way too many zero gobble days. I have been able to scratch out a couple, but it just appears to have been a tougher season for most. Thoughts?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

exactly same for me. seen more jakes this year than i ever have, but not much gobbling at all. gonna try to get after them saturday morning, hopefully they'll be hot but i doubt it.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I doubt if I'm going to be able to get out again for another hunt before the end of the season but so far I would say I've experienced a good season. I didn't hunt that many times until the 3rd week of April. I think in all total I hunted 5 times before April 14th and two of those hunts were before the April 1st opener down in the low state.

I think that the warm weather we had in early March, then the extremely cold two weeks we had the first of April had a lot to do with what was going on in the Turkey woods. I’m not buying the “bad hatches” theory at all. If we had such a bad hatch last year we wouldn’t be seeing, hearing, or reading about the sight of Jakes. But then again what do I know? I learned all my Turkey hunting skills from Labluver and KRT.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I have put in alot of hours with no kills. I have come close to birds. But it isnt the best year for our property. We bought half ass chufas last year, therefore there are no tubers. All the longbeards are across the road on our neighbors property.