Thread: 4 bearded bird

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

[img]graemlins/redx.gif[/img]
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

SWEET!

How much did he weigh?

21 lbs......i didnt kill it...buddy of mine bagged it....1 1/2" spurs

NBK Pro-staff

That would have been the turkey I'd of sent to the taxidermist. Nice bird.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Good bird! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I've killed two double bearded birds. But 4 beards is cool. I think JAB killed a 7 beard once, seems I remember him posting the pic a good while back.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Congrats on a nice bird! I killed a 6 bearded bird opening day last year, and have been fortunate to kill two other double bearded toms.

Wonder what causes that. I called up a 5 beard about 5 years ago for a friend to shoot. That was the most I ever saw until I saw the picks of jabs

That's actually my bird.

JPC3,
    That might have been the one I was thinking about. But I thought the one JAB posted was longer ago than last year.

That is a sweet kill there though! True trophy! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Thanks Merg. The best part was that it was opening day and we killed a double that AM. They gobbled 208 times in the tree and 5 on the ground before we laid them out. It rocked!

[img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img] Thats aweseome! A buddy of mine killed a Rio last year that weighed in at 25lb. 1 1/2 spurs and 5 beards. It did get put on the wall, i'll take a pic tonight.
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

Too cool JPC3!!!

What kind of decoys are those in the pics? Are those mounted birds?

Yeah Merg, our nimrod JPC is new to all this gobbler getting. He chases them like we used to. I can't find the pic of that 7 beard but I will.

As for his dekes, he is using a pair of mounted hens appropriately named April and May...

Ah yeah! That youthful beginner's vigor for the new sport! I burned up an ass of calories chasing them birds when I first started. Hit the woods before daylight and not think about heading back to the truck to well after roost time.

April and May!!! Cool dekes! Probably a bitch to pack in but nice if you know where you're gonna set up and have time to go in early! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]