Thread: Pics: Strutting Hens w/Poults

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Feller from Upstate NY at another forum took these pics out his window today! [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

cool
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Mergie, I've only seen that once and she had two other little/younger hens with her. She actually semi-strutted around a jake decoy and would peck at the younger hens if they got to close.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

Sorry fer the dumb question, but why do hens strutt? Is it a sign of protection or dominance?

I need to know.

Took a buddy hunting on some property I had in Allendale a few years ago. We had a bearded hen come into the jake decoy, strut, and die. We realized after he shot it, that it was indeed a bearded hen. Bizarre.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I've never seen one actually strut, I've seen them puff up a little but not strut like the ones in the picture.

I did however have a hen gobbling one afternoon, or trying to gobble. She sounded like a young jake sounds when he gobbles, sort of a "gooobbl..yawk yawk..yawk" type of sound. It started like a gobble but broke off into a hard yelp for lack of a better explanation. She did it a couple of times and until I saw here do it I thought she was a jake.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Dook,
    I got no idea unless it's some type of dominance/pecking order thing.

Palmetto Duck, you mentioned you had some land in Allendale, where did you hunt? I grew up in Allendale.
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

Originally posted by luv2hunt:
    Palmetto Duck, you mentioned you had some land in Allendale, where did you hunt? I grew up in Allendale.
    CYBERSOUTING ALERT!!!!!

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Nope, Mergie, no worries about me cyber scouting. The land in Allendale, either you own it, it is your lease, or you CAN'T hunt it! We hunt about 5000 acres in Allendale county, turkeys, deer, hogs, etc. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I know man...I was just poking ya with a stick!

I know'd you was!

Aight!