Thread: Bass Pro/Redhead boots

Default Bass Pro/Redhead boots

Anyone here have any? Just wondering if they seem to size true or run large/small. Looking to get either these or these Cabela's boots and I know that Cabela's run a touch small for me.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Anyone here have any? Just wondering if they seem to size true or run large/small. Looking to get either these or these Cabela's boots and I know that Cabela's run a touch small for me.
    fwiw, i've had nothing but trouble out of bass pro brand boots. cabela's have been great for me.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

What kind of trouble?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I wear the Uplander 2's and love em'.............waterproof and extremely comfortable...the size seems to run spot on
    Last edited by ccleroy; 03-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I have a pair of redhead snake boots that are waterproof and comfortable as hell. They run a little bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    And the designated hitter is stupid. Be a man and grab a bat.

i've had 3 pairs of redhead brand and all have been falling apart by second year i owned them. from stitches coming undone to the heel coming unglued. also, every pair i've owned have leaked within the first year of owning them. i switched over to cabelas boots 3 or 4 years ago and they're still going strong. i have a pair of heavy insulated boots that have never leaked and a pair of uninsulated upland boots that i've walked a good bit in that have never leaked or come apart.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I have these. They are true to size and comfortable all day long. They are indeed water proof surprisingly (until you get water into the top of them.)
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Stay away from any non name brand boots. Cabelas and BP can make a few nice things, but boots in my opinion isn't one of them. If you're looking for a boot in that style that won't break the bank take a look at these.

http://www.danner.com/elk-ridgetm-gt...FYje4AodIjwAwQ

Feet matter.

There's another old pair that I used to have, (a tad cheaper) but I can't seem to find the names.

I'm looking for a boot like those because they are light-weight and have a softer sole. I was going to just get some hikers(Merrell Moab waterproof), but decided that I want something a little taller than those. I hunted in columbia trail shoes last year because I couldn't find any boots that worked out for me and if I have to, I'll do it again. But I want something that goes above my ankle and waterproof. I don't hunt steep, nasty stuff, so I don't need much of a mountain boot. And most of my hunting will be bow hunting, so having a quieter sole is somewhat important.

What HS said. Don't skimp on footwear, including socks.

I had some Cabela's brand gortex snake boots and those were the longest lasting one's I've ever had. They lasted 5 years while wearing them through some of the nastiest shit in the lowcountry. They only reason I tossed them is because the goretex liner came unglued on the inside and pushing it back in everytime just pissed me off. I haven't had any experience with bass pro boots.