Thread: Ribs

Default Ribs

The old webber finally bit the dust. The legs have completely broken off. I made a triangle stand out of cynder blocks and perched her up there. She still cooks, but is pretty low to the ground. I might have to build another stand.

Garlic whipped potatoes and squash casserole washed down with some Busch light. Pretty good Monday afternoon!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Hard to beat a "kettle". Mine is about to die, but its replacement is in garage waiting.

Dang I would have liked to had a rib or two. That would have been a great pre opening morning supper.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Hard to beat a "kettle". Mine is about to die, but its replacement is in garage waiting.

The grill is still in great shape, but the legs are shit. I can't bring myself to chunk it yet. Might build a frame for it.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    The grill is still in great shape, but the legs are shit. I can't bring myself to chunk it yet. Might build a frame for it.
    Build it son!

Default Re: Ribs

I hear ya Glenn That thing even has wheels. Nice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

You cannot beat a Webber for what it is. I have owned one for 34/yrs.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The old webber finally bit the dust. The legs have completely broken off. I made a triangle stand out of cynder blocks and perched her up there. She still cooks, but is pretty low to the ground. I might have to build another stand.

Garlic whipped potatoes and squash casserole washed down with some Busch light. Pretty good Monday afternoon!

Damn right especially with the Busch Light.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Build it son!

I remember you posting that you built a frame awhile back. I built a mini one, but didn't trim the the wood with aluminum where the kettle sat. It lasted for awhile, but ended up burning up. I reattached the legs and now they are done. I guess I'm back to building again.

I remember you posting that you built a frame awhile back. I built a mini one, but didn't trim the the wood with aluminum where the kettle sat. It lasted for awhile, but ended up burning up. I reattached the legs and now they are done. I guess I'm back to building again.
    My first one is done. It lasted a few years but this thing is the cats ass. Just built it this weekend. I used "T" brackets to support the kettle in the gap. 1" all the way around is enough. Not sure how they will work and my have to revisit it but so far so good.

I need to add the hangers for all my pokers and flippers, bottle opener and towel holder.

My first one is done. It lasted a few years but this thing is the cats ass. Just built it this weekend. I used "T" brackets to support the kettle in the gap. 1" all the way around is enough. Not sure how they will work and my have to revisit it but so far so good.

I need to add the hangers for all my pokers and flippers, bottle opener and towel holder.

10-4. I'm sure I'll end up building something. I just can't bring myself to throw it away. It is the large kettle with the flip up sides on the grate. It has cooked a lot of dead stuff. Do you catch hell with all the ashes or do you just remove and dump after each use? I get lazy and end up with "sand castles" under mine. I have a good size deck, but no room for that thing. The last one I built was a mini rectangle and I used the wheels off the original stand to move it here and there.

I have a metal pan that will sit under it. I over built mine. 6 foot long but you can shorten it.

Peep my little shelf up there for spices, beers and shit. Rad.
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-11-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Default Re: Ribs

Looks like ol Glenn could lift that Weber out and nestle a large BGE into the cut out of the cart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Get you some wood stove gasket rope (like this) and attach it to the inside of your hole.

^ Thats smart right there. Those ribs look awesome by the way.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Glenn...that is nice. The grates in mine are shot, also it has taken a few bad spills off the porch.

You have given me some good ideas for the next one. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    Looks like ol Glenn could lift that Weber out and nestle a large BGE into the cut out of the cart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Shhhh! It'll hear you.

Great looking ribs, taters and badass deck & cart there, Glenn.

Build it son!

Glenn, did you have plans to go by? I'm looking to do something similar to what you have there.