Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: paelo diet

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Sorry. It was late and I misread.

I don't agree that the BMR is black and white. All it takes into account is age, height, weight, and sex. Activity is a huge component, is it not?
    If you read what it says it will answer that question.

I read it. I just don't believe BMR is the same for everyone of an exact age, height, weight, and sex. I could very well be wrong, but that is my belief.

Again, I'm glad USMC's diet is working for him. I just feel like there are much better ways to do it than counting calories. Calorie counting is a fairly new method, as in the last two or three decades. Using that to solve weight issues isn't always getting to the root of the matter. I liken calorie counting to gun control.

I year you but you asked if it takes into consideration activity and it clearly states it doesn't. FWIW, I agree it may not be 100% accurate but it is at least a good indication...

I used the BMR and BMI calculations that USMC linked since I eat a lot of bread, bacon and honey mustard. The results I got were a unanimous"chick magnet and stud muffin".......I now believe in these calculations 100%.
    Last edited by Timberman22; 03-11-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Counting calories is for women who don't want to sweat and still eat cake while being skinny fat.

Meat, fish, fowl, veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds. Eat when you're hungry and eat till you're full.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Counting calories is for women who don't want to sweat and still eat cake while being skinny fat.

Then they die of heart disease at 55.

Last edited by duckduckdog; 03-11-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Default Re: paelo diet

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Good Lord.

There's only about ten good threads in here about how to eat...and this sure as fuck ain't one of em.
    Ouch. Advice was asked for... I simply shared mine. What works for some does not work for all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Meat, fish, fowl, veggies, fruit, nuts and seeds. Eat when you're hungry and eat till you're full.

Done.
    This....and buy you an oversized chair.....be sure you hit it twice a night on said chair, wake up, hit the gym, do shit that hurts, makes you sweat, and brag that you hit it twice last night.......go back to Glenn's post and repeat.
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Preach it son.

Sooooo what do y'all do during Girl Scout cookie season?
    Last edited by KRT; 03-11-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I stare at their hot moms.

Someone say nookie?

Had a stomach bug last week and lost 11 pounds in 4 days. Who needs a diet plan just find you a sick kid and have fun.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Ouch. Advice was asked for... I simply shared mine. What works for some does not work for all.
    I wasn't picking on you and I apologize if it presented that way.

If I recall correctly, you eat beans and other legumes AND you measure. If you'll exclude the legumes and eat primarily a paleo/ketogenic diet, you won't have to measure, the results will be the same or better, and you can eat as much as you want. But that's your decision.

Fat does not make you fat. Quite the opposite. A ketogenic diet, mobilizes stored fat and your body uses that fat for energy. The paleo diet is very close to ketogenic, but it encorporates cartain carbohydrates that do not create high levels of insulin but do offer good calories.

Further, the paleo diet and the ketogenic diet are heavy in protiens and fat, so your muscles are properly restored especially if you're working them. The human body is made of protiens and fat and nowhere does a cell reside that is in any part plant matter. So it only makes sense to feed it what it is. And while some plants are good for us in terms of essential nutrients and fiber (like broccoli), grains, sugar, rice, beans, and white meat potatoe provide very little in terms of benefits and the energy derived isn't worth the price paid. So eating bad carbs should be done judiciously. Personally, I like to drink my bread and that's my cheat, my way of staying sane.

Watch this video.

Gary Taubes will show you everything you need to know about how to eat. Watch his videos.
    Last edited by Fish; 03-12-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I wasn't picking on you and I apologize if it presented that way.

If I recall correctly, you eat beans and other legumes AND you measure. If you'll exclude the legumes and eat primarily a paloe/ketogenic diet, you won't have to measure, the results will be the same or better, and you can eat as much as you want. But that's your decision.
    I eat minimal legumes. I do it when I make deer chili. I reckon the tomatoes are kinda bad for me, too? I mean, it's a fruit, so it's sugar, right?

Most of my bean consumption is green beans.

I'll watch the videos and see what I can take from them. My progress has slowed substantially, and I need a boost. I NEED to start running, but I stand on concrete for 8 hours a day. My feet fucking kill me at the end of the day, and I don't know if I could run. I once ruptured my distal bicep tendon, so hardcore weight lifting is out. Elipticals kill my knees... Maybe I need an excercise bike.

Anyway, thanks.

Water cardio?
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

To semi-quote Glenn - "Stop running - turn around and fight somebody..."

I do still enjoy a good trail run every now and then, but I get a much better workout in 20 minutes in the garage in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Water cardio?
    LOL, that usually involves beer.

I just need to get off my ass and quit making excuses. I've got about 9 pounds to go to achieve my goal.

If you want some beans in your chilli, put em in there. You're not agonizing over it and it seems to be working. Alls I'm saying is that you don't have to measure to lose fat and gain muscle.

I'm not supporting moderation here. I'm just saying if you eat clean most of the time, you'll get results. And tomatoes are paleo approved. Have at it.