Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Discuss The Open...

Short legs do not help with box jumps

Going to do mine at 0700 in the morning.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Good luck man. Best advice I have is to pick a pace and stick with it. Don't hustle out of the gate too fast and be clean on your box jumps.

Got 207.

"You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

246 Horrible ten minutes.

13.2 is in the books. Two down, three to go.

As an affiliate we placed 10th in the region this week. Had two ladies go over 300 and three men over 300. Our 3rd highest female was 298.

That puts us 22nd in the region after two weeks. CrossFit Integrity isn't far behind in 33rd.

I'm sitting 182nd in the region in the 40-44 masters group. Moved up 120 spots this week.

Predictions on week 3? I think we'll finally get on the pull up bar in some form or fashion.

In with CrossFit Iron Mary's

Individual Female

13.1= 140 reps
    13.2 = 222 reps
    13.3= hoping for something with power cleans!

Y'all see this shit? You gonna get all swole and short your ROM to be krunktasstic make sure you don't film that shit!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zkxT37V0JE[/ame]

The CrossFit Games
    Josh Golden will not have a valid score on 13.2, and thus he will be out of contention as an individual at the 2013 Southern California Regional.

CrossFit Grover Beach will not be permitted to validate workouts for the remainder of the 2013 CrossFit Games season.

CrossFit takes the competition and movement standards very seriously. Everyone competing, especially those aspiring to Regionals or beyond, must ensure their performances meet or exceed all established standards.
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-19-2013 at 08:23 AM.

No doubt that guy has one helluva motor, but I'm glad to see him disqualified and his gym put on probation. It's not that hard to meet the standards. Did you notice the guy in the background? His deadlifts weren't anywhere close to the standards, yet I'm betting his judge signed off on it.

Yeah. And I also notice none of his S2O were locked out nor did he come to extension on any of his step ups.

Trashy group right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Bless!!!
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose4411 View Post
    In with CrossFit Iron Mary's

Individual Female

13.1= 140 reps
    13.2 = 222 reps
    13.3= hoping for something with power cleans!
    Nice job Goose!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Y'all see this shit? You gonna get all swole and short your ROM to be krunktasstic make sure you don't film that shit!

The CrossFit Games
    Josh Golden will not have a valid score on 13.2, and thus he will be out of contention as an individual at the 2013 Southern California Regional.

CrossFit Grover Beach will not be permitted to validate workouts for the remainder of the 2013 CrossFit Games season.

CrossFit takes the competition and movement standards very seriously. Everyone competing, especially those aspiring to Regionals or beyond, must ensure their performances meet or exceed all established standards.
    No excuse for that. Worse part is he could still have a great score by slowing down a little RXing those movements. Says alot about that gym.

That whole box looked like a cluster fuck of idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Short legs do not help with box jumps
    Tell me about it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Their rep is ruined for sure.

12 min AMRAP of...

150 Wall Balls
    90 Double Unders
    30 Muscle ups

Tie break times at the end of each set.

This is a revisit from last years open 12.4

I was hoping to get up on the pull up bar this week. There will be a log jam at 240 reps with only the tie breaks to separate and spread folks out.

Damn a muscle up and all it stands for.

WOD description and movement ROM standards can be found here...

http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open/2013#tabs-3
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-21-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Whew. 150 wall balls. That'll suck the life out of you.

I guess I'll be doing it this afternoon.