Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Discuss The Open...

I had a buddy hit 127 this morning and I will do mine at 7am in the morning. You are right 30 @ 135 is going to be tough after the burpees.

My coach had the same advice, don't hit it balls to the wall but pace yourself and take your time to keep from blowing up.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 03-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I got 115, and the 135# snatch wasn't a problem. I just couldn't breath.

The burpees got me. I started too fast.

Oh, and stopping the bar (tonight in our gym) was a no rep. I have no explanation for the discrepancy in standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I got 115, and the 135# snatch wasn't a problem. I just couldn't breath.

The burpees got me. I started too fast.

Oh, and stopping the bar (tonight in our gym) was a no rep. I have no explanation for the discrepancy in standards.
    Yeah. I forgot to add that. Press outs are okay but the bar has to keep moving up. Cannot stop at any point.

I go tomorrow and already have the WODerflies. I'll be shittin' by tomorrow afternoon.

Glenn Creel ripped out 167. He was beside me doing 165# as I was starting 135#.

Strong
    Last edited by Fish; 03-07-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Geebus. My goal is to not shit myself.

And to beat your ugly ass.

But I'll shit myself if it means beating you.

Well, you know what you've got to do.

I tied The Fish. That's gotta get me something!

Zero shoulder flexibility so had to muscle up the 3 reps at 135. Paced myself too much on burpees thinking the 135 was out of the question since 140 was my one rep max.

Oh well, on to week 2.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I'll most likely do it again Sunday.

Damn snatches. Funished my first set of snatches at 5:00 and was back on the bar for 135 with over 7 minutes to go.
    Last edited by Glenn; 03-09-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

I'll most likely do it again Sunday.

Damn snatches. Funished my first set of snatches at 5:00 and was back on the bar for 135 with over 7 minutes to go.
    I finished the first set of snatches at 7:04. My metabolic conditioning is getting worse.

I ended up at 144 yesterday morning, 6 shy of my goal of 150 but I am still happy with the results.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I finished the first set of snatches at 7:04. My metabolic conditioning is getting worse.
    It is tough as hell to find that balance of strength and gas. Especially when you're a geezer like us.

Did it today and got 136. I went from 6:30 Tuesday morning to 11:30 Wednesday night with about 30 minutes of sleep due to the birth of our second child and I haven't slept much since then. I'd like to think I could've gotten to 150 or so with some decent rest this week.

13.2 Announced!

10 min AMRAP

5 S2O @ 115#
    10 Deadlifts @ 115#
    15 Box jumps @ 24"

This one is about how much you can keep moving and how much you want to hurt. No muscle fatigue here.

Good gravy.

Balls to the wall.

Yessir. Iceland Annie just tossed up 361 reps.

Box jumps are gonna be fun. My legs are just recovering from 430yds of lunges. Don't see any other strategy than what Bug said.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yessir. Iceland Annie just tossed up 361 reps.
    That's 12 rounds and 3 reps. Holy sheeeit.

First try did 173. The time will really sneak up on you so bust ass the whole 10 min. Think of this WOD as all Box Jumps with 5 presses & 10 DL as a break. I caught myself slowing down on deadlifts so bang em out. I also started using more back than hamstrings to rest the legs a little. Our box best so far is 239

I judged and validated a 255 at lunch and was no reppin' the shit out of box jumps.

I go tomorrow at lunch. I'm already about to vomit because I know it is going to hurt.