Thread: Thursday night tourny!!

we had our normal thurday night tourny last night. fished from 530-830 and had 61 boats show up...nice turn out..had a good time..my partener backed out at the last minute but i still caught'em pretty good...Took 9.01 lbs to win first place was $580 (not bad for 3 hours)..i finished 3rd and won $250 with 8.87 lbs..caught 7 fish total all on a horny toad in Bushy Park...If anyone ever wants to go we have the tournys every thursday from 530-830 at Cypress Gardens.

love the toad. prefer the zoom over the hardnose and other "knock-offs." better action, but they do tear up after a while.

do you swim it on top? ever use it like a jerkbait or floating worm? How do you hook it? what size/type of hook?

i keep messing with it...hooking it differently. love to fish it with a nice, stiff rod and braid. when they hit it, hit 'em back. i have lost lots of fish when trying to "let them eat it." i think you are much better off sticking it to them asap.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2th i agree..horny toad has better action than most soft frogs...i have tried jerking them but i have alway had the best of luck swimming them on top..Until lately i have lost a lot of fish on the frog but knock on wood i did not miss any last night and i tried both ways, 1. setting the hook as soon they hit and 2. letting them eat...

I have been throwing it on a 7 foot Medium Heavy rod and 6.3: 1 gear ratio with 30lb braid and a 5/0 wide gap hook

Those hooks zoom has put out with the screw at the top work pretty good and they have enough bite to get good penatration.

Try the Stanley Ribbit Stays on top better, and really calls them in. All of them works, it is just what you have confidence in, that is why there is more than one brand! Git the net!