Thread: question for the city boys

I work in Columbia for the summer and in the afternoons usually fly fish behind the zoo.
    i have been catching these bream that somewhat resemble a redbreast, but are extremely different in color.
    the redbreasts i catch in the swamps at home are true reds, (fat sunfish with a dark upper body and a deep red breast.) the fish i catch in Cola are the same kind of fish, but are a lime-greenish tint in body, with reddish fins and a sunny orange breast.
    i havent caught any much bigger than my hand, but they are fun to catch, and reason asking is that i have never seen any like this around home.
    any ideas?
    same type of sunfish as a redbreast... not at all like a bluegill.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

sounds like a shell cracker

NO SIR,
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Originally posted by HT:
    sounds like a shell cracker
    HT is on it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

"Stumpknocker"
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Blackwater fish have more color

bogster, do you ever bring a dog with you? ive been hopping rocks out there a couple times over the past couple weeks and have seen a guy flyfishing with a black dog
    benelli-performance worth the price

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Are they redbreasts:

Or are they Pumpkinseeds:

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Fish colors vary b/c of water clarity, current, depth, etc.....shallow bass in black water are dark...deep fish will be lighter colored, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

must be pumpkinseeds merg.
    and kyle its not me with the dog, i am usually alone.