Thread: Filthy Flatheads

Caught these on a conference call in an hour yesterday afternoon.

Aint nuthin' wrong wit killin' army possums! Or shockin' Catfish!

Don't lie, I know you shocked them fuckers up in the river [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Looks like they paid attention purty well on that call...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Ohoopie?

That’s a big negatory on the hoope. I will give you this, it is a part of the Altamaha River System. Hell yeah I did shock the piss out of um’ there Camo Snob and you just jealous you aint got to go yet. Them flat headed bastards have thoroughly screwed up the bluegill population down here. I wasn’t doing nothing but helping improve the habitat for a good fish. 7 fish in 1 hour totaling 46 pounds of bluegill eatin’ machine. I’m just like robin hood sept’ different. That big mofo jumped out of the water and I was looking at his belly when we rode by shockin’. It scared the living shit our of me when he jumped out of the water, cause he did it right in front of my face. The water he splashed up soaked the front of me, or I pissed my britches, I cant figure which one it was cause my shirt was wet too.

I knew it you fish shocking fucker!!!! My shocker is still not in working condition, but it won't be long. I'm doing a five day stand in Meeks in early Nov. so i'll come down and will will catch up on our [img]graemlins/afro.gif[/img] fishing as well as the cat shocking
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Shocking fish is very unsportsmanlike and illegal in most places. Rubberhead

Shooting deer over corn is unsportsmanlike and illegal in MOST places too so FUCK OFF!!!! [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

BTW, The Gamecoots SUCK ASS. AND we OWN you, hater.

Dookie, you are exactly right there isn’t the slightest bit of sport involved in shocking catfish and it is illegal as hell. Now that we got that out of the way I could give a shit for a flathead catfish, that aint why I shock them. The reason I shock the flatheaded bastards is because they are not a native species, and have thoroughly fucked up the river system I love and fish. In the stretch of river we shock there has been a drastic increase in size and quantity of bluegill caught, and that is what was originally there and what the flat head fucked up. Here is some literature on why I do what I do, web page, right there on the Invasive Species page look at the third bullet gives me all the reason I need to shock a flathead. What have you done to improve your fishin’ hole? I declared a "Jihad" on flatheads a few years ago and so far it has proved beneficial to me and all that fish in that stretch of river. If you want to come see for yourself I would say bring your ass down here and see for yourself but I aint givin’ my fishin’ hole up to a Gamecock fan.

SCTIMBER Coots

Damn you tell em Armadilla, I wouldn't give up my worst fishing hole to a Gamecock fan. And there ain't nothing wrong with shockin cats, just wish we could do it around here, heck right across the state line you can do it as much as you want to, but we can still shoot deer over the corn pile

Thanks for the support there SCTIMBER. I don’t mind shocking flatheads I can pretty much rationalize it in about a minute. If you look at the picture yeah the fish are on a cleaning table, but they have a fish fry at the local boys home every couple of weeks due to some shocked flatheads. It’s sort of ethnic cleansing in favor of the bluegill and another benefit is giving some unfortunate kids something good to eat. I just hope the UN don’t get after my ass casue the DNR wont run up river where we go. The 4 wheel drive is busted on their boat and the SS Pig Nut is a rock crawler. Sorry there mud motor guys, running through mud aint that tuff, try rock crawling in a boat sometime.

Mr. Redbreast sez....

"The only good flathead is a dead flathead...."
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

rationalize it anyway you want.

I'm not rationalizing anything - just offering my opinion on what a redbreast thinks of a flathead decimating his native population in a river.

Das all.

it doesn't need ANY rationalizations... native populations of fish are an a priori good and killing their alien predators is no more unethical than ignorant, unwarranted, anonymous internet criticism.

Is it still legal to bait trotlines in some Georgia rivers with live bream? Or am I thinking of somewhere else.

I know they were trying to get the flatheads thinned out.

I don't condone illegal behavior of any sort, but would like to see all the flatheads in those rivers taken out.

Yes it is still legal to bait trot lines with bream in GA. If you ride a mile on the Altamaha you will see at least 5 and countless bush hooks. I believe that some specific forms of illegal activity should be condoned, if people had not been up to some illegal activity 280 years ago we would all be British. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing patriotic about shocking flatheads, unless you are a sunfish. If big foot, Yeti, the Chupacabra, trolls, and leprechauns were eating up all the ducks, deer, and turkeys and it was illegal to kill them I hope there would be a lot more supporters of killing them as there in favor of killing flathead catfish in an area they are not native, cause I would be killing the shit of them to.

Dilla when the hell did you start giving a fuck about the law? and what other people think of what you are doing? I have known you my entire life and you my friend are an OUTLAW!!! [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img]

SHOCK THOSE BASTARD FLATHEADS OUT OF YOUR HOLE!!!!!

LOL

I hope I never see a chuca-whatever. But I might have accidentally dated one in early '94.