Thread: Alarm system companies

Default Alarm system companies

Have been looking around at alarm systems the last month. Had ADT and a company called monotronics come by. Have a buddy that has vector also, hasn't been the happiest with customer service but their service itself has been good. Prices per month are around 10-15 difference. Also most of them offer the free install but a small charge for smoke alarm.

Been looking at the wireless ones that use cell service and also have the monitor by phone. Live in Berkeley county so, the response isn't the best but want the alarm to deter before they get to far in the house. I have a 95 lb lab so motion detectors won't be used, glass break will be in place. What have been y'all's opinions on different alarm systems and customer service?

Have vector also seems to work well
    "Lord prop me up in all my leanin places"

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    I just like saying Dik Dik

I don't know shit about alarm companies but I was staying at my sister's house while they went on vacation. I set the alarm and walked out on the back porch to smoke about an hour later. Damn thing scared the shit out of me, cut the alarm off then the phone rung, it was the alarm company. I explained what happened and she was like oh it happens a lot. Few mins later my brother in law called from Florida telling me how much of a dumbass I was while a deputy rolled up.

Pretty badass and response time was unbelievable.

ADT is pretty solid. You can have a motion detector with a dog( maybe not a wireless one). I worked for them for 3 years out of college. Pm me if you have any questions.

Sean

We got ADT, and are happy with them. We have had them for about 13 yrs.

I got Smith & Wesson. Also got Browning and Ruger. Seems to work, never had a problem.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Got ADT and have a lab with motion detector. Had for 2 years so far happy.

We have ADT right now but thinking about changing. We put our box in the Laundry room by the back door and a few months ago we put a big stand up freezer in there also which covered the box so we have to use our key fobs to turn it off and on. Called ADT to get them to move the box and they wanted like 250$ or more to move it. It will be cheaper for us to change companies to get the box moved. Also had them sell my wife a special kind of sensor at the back door that we had to get changed because you couldn't even knock on the door without it going off. Overall we haven't had any problems. I'm just not paying 250$ or more to have the box moved.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

We have Castle Rock, and am very happy. We are actually upgrading the system to a touch screen with smart phone access. The unit can operate thermostat, door locks, lights, cameras, etc., but we are not doing any of that crap. We have 4 door sensors, 2 glass breakage, 1 smoke alarm, 2 motions, 1 keyfob all tied in. It also is cellular signal only, so we get to drop our land line finally (we were only using it for alarm). Monthly fee is $39.00 with everything including cellular signal but being that we save $25.00 for home phone getting dropped, it becomes a minimal monthly charge.....but of course you have to sign a two year contract to get installation and hardware for "free"

2 years is not bad, I cant remember what ADT was, but this new company (monotronics) was a 60 month contract.