Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: catfish picture

We got on some catfish last weekend. Fun was had by all. We caught 50 in total.

He would have been nice next year.

Nice catch, Choco! [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

that's why they call it a MESS of catfish, LOL!

nice mess of kitties!

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

How will the new law on blues affect you in the future with a catch like that? Super trip!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

DUCKMAN, if I am not mistaken, it will not affect him if he is on the PEE DEE, the new regs. are just for the santee system, right?
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

What do you do with that much catfish? Kind of reminds me of old pictures of boats full of spottails or stripers. I guess if the resource is sustainable with folks killing that many per trip it's fine but who'd want to clean that many catfish anyway? Legal or not, it definitely puts you in the category of "meat hog". Maybe your family is a lot bigger than mine.

Are these catfish indigenous to the Pee Dee or transplanted?

My bad! Correct!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Originally posted by Palmetto Bug:
    What do you do with that much catfish?
    Cook em in a Stew? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Palmetto Bug:
    Legal or not, it definitely puts you in the category of "meat hog". Maybe your family is a lot bigger than mine.
    You should explain yourself here buddy, you assume choco is a "meat hog", ever thought he may be cleaning them and taking them to the local nursing home for a fish fry? Better yet, putting them in his freezer to eat at a later date. Ever thought he may only get to fish 3 month's out of the year and likes to eat fish? Just wondering where anyone get's off calling someone a meat hawg.

Just cuz you can't boat any while you fish doesn't you the right to minimize someone else's catch with snide comments like that.

Good Fishing!! look to do the same this weekend

We caught a total of 3 Cats this weekend, kinda slow, but with the new law we would have been able to keep 1.
    I will have to agree a little with P Bug (with the exception that I do not know how many people he plans to feed) that it looks a bit excessive to keep that many fish. I cleaned our 3 20-25 lb cats and that meat should be enough to feed my family of 7 (6 eat fish) for quite a few meals.
    Again I do not know the situation, but I sure hope all the meat is utilized and none wasted. If you are keeping them for the picture then shame on you if not then great catch!!
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

I can assure you that every fish was cleaned and no meat was wasted. Three of us filleted every fish and then we fried fresh fish for lunch on the river bank. We split the remaining bags of fish. I kept one gallon bag for myself and then delivered the rest to some of my customers on Monday morning.
    He would have been nice next year.

In fairness to Choco, there are commercial guys who catch that much or more on many, many days. I support the "no limit" and "catch them all" for I feel and have read many studies that state Mr. Catfish is a very agressive non-selective feeder that can and does have an impact on game fish! They are prolific breeders which compounds the problem!

Great work Choco!

I would agree with you DMan, but only with Flatheads. I do not have any scientific backup for my arguement. Only countless hours on the water. I have seen a dramatic increase in the flatheads, and somewhat of a decline in the Blues. Hopefully the new size limit will help the big breeders.
    And good for you choco...

Don't be so brittle Dookie. "Meat hog" is a term of endearment. Some of the best mentors in my upbringing were true dedicated meat hogs. I'd say anyone who will clean that many cats in one sitting definitely qualifies for the title. I qualify for the title in the deer category.

If it's legal and the resource can support such bag limits, it's really up to the fisherman to figure out how much is too much. Personally, I don't like eating frozen fish that much. I also think catching fish to give away often results in fish being thrown away after it is too freezer burned to eat.

Now if those fish are not indigenous, I think we need to find more meat hogs to help correct the situation.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

catch em all....It doesn't hurt my feelings a bit keeping all of those cats...good job...if those were gamefish on the other hand,...I would agree w/ the meat hog statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Those fish are feral and should be taken out.
    easy livin'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Aww for God's sakes! Some of y'all sound like a bunch of liberal Yankees. They're just catfish for goodness sakes! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Yep, catch em all!!! Maybe then we can start eating garfish nuggets...

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

you don't know what you are missing until you eat some garfish niggets...ummm umm good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?