Thread: Smallmouth Time

Smallmouth Time is right around the corner. You could catch them on this moon but I think 18 degrees is a bit more than I am willing to put up with for a fish. March moon should have them ripping in Reservoirs and rivers. Anyone gonna chase them this year? I have a trip planned to Pickwick for the first time that I am looking forward to. Other than Pickwick, it will be Fontana, Hiawassee, and all the little hydro lakes around the hills...

Ever tried them on a fly??
    I don't know anything about smallmouth fishing, but they look like they would be fun.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Weekend of the 17th, I wanna stop by the lake and we can find out!

Caught some on a fly this summer on the Broad River, a lot of small fish with some decent size mixed in, small poppers early in the mornin and in the afternoon, we were fishin right under the I-26 bridge going into Columbia.

Dook, the 17th should be good. Holler at me.

I know of a great guide that does drift boats on the New River. Let me know if you want the name. I have fished with him 3 or 4 times and never disappointed. It's a great float with alot of smallies. He has a website, too.
    At least I'm housebroken.

The Shenandoah, Potomac and Rappahannock river smallies will kick off later.

With the flyrod, you'll catch more smallies subsurface than you will on top. A simple woolly bugger will out produce a popper most days.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Chah-truse and white Clouser's work nice in the spring riffles...Man I gotta get out and hit em'!
    At least I'm housebroken.

I hope I will be after them in another month, planning on going to hot springs this summer and possibly another trip to the new river. They have to be one of my favorite fish to go after.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Have drift boat. Will travel.

My buddy in west Jefferson says another month they will be drifting for them. We should hook up and join them, we have only talked about it for 2 years now.

I am about to invest in a pontoon boat, for the triznout and the smallies, all I need now is a partner for a vehicle drop. That is tuff!

I know it. I really need to get the boat in the water. It fishes 2 flycasters easily with another man on the oars.

I think we should employ NUTZ to be tha paddla. For obvious reasons. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

trail'n tree...what part area of the new river do you fish..ive caught a good many smallies in that river..i love it..