Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Give Up!

iPhone. Just saying
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    iPhone. Just saying
    Android would have figured this out, FTMFW.

I talked to a lady from South Africa who was in the ostrich raising business. She said the big birds yield around 120 lbs. of meat and it tastes pretty close to good beef but is leaner and healthier. Hunting them couldn't be much different than hunting turkeys.

I think the ostrich farm on Johns Island is way down Chisolm Rd. if it's still there. We saw them from the ICW when we were near Toogoodoo Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    ...it tastes pretty close to good beef but is leaner and healthier.
    Been a while but this seems to be accurate from my recollection.

I had a sampler platter @ the preserve (ironic, eh). It consisted of ostrich, crocodile, and zebra. I do recall the zebra being very much like bison.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

PB there are a handful of them in Meggett across the ditch from Chisolm Rd but I dont know of any on Johns Island.
    cut\'em

My old linebacker coach from high school started an ostrich farm in Dorchester back in '94. The meat is very healthy as are the eggs, but they never caught on. They are the meanest livestock animal I have ever been around. They will kill you as quick as they will look at you.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Ostrich is excellent, it's like a big cut of beef.

Saludas in Five Points used to have it in thier menu, but it has not been there the last couple of times we went.

I would not want that wooly bastard in my den.

I'll have to agree with USMCsilver. I was watching a show today where a young girl killed one and thought "what's the point?" They drove around until they saw one. Got out and walked a few yards. Threw up some shooting sticks for the high powered rifle she was toting and that's all she wrote. Besides the 'look what I killed' I just don't get it.

Seriously the guy that is getting this I believe has more money than sense!

I have ZERO desire for something like this or to even hunt in Africa for anything other than waterfowl.

This fella is also having an Emu done after the Ostrich is complete.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

You'd just shoot the plumes off anyway Squatty.....
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Meet a guy who use to raise them and he had one sneak up behind him and kick him in the back. Put the dude in the hospital for like 6 weeks. He said those thing can sneak up on your quicker and shit and you want even know they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcole View Post
    Friend, should we ever darken the same door, please remind me to tell you a story concerning a few wayward yutes,4 wheelers, WAY too much alcohol,and the happening upon of a corral full of ostriches at 4 o'clock in the morning. I promise you, ostriches are the direct spawn of Satan himself are indeed out to kill, and don't take at all kindly to attempts to be ridden . I have the scars ( physical AND mental ) to prove it.
    Now that's funny!

If the man wants to sport that thing in his house, more power to him.

We were at Riverbanks Zoo 5-6 years ago, there were ostriches with the giraffes back then, my son, 5 or 6 at the time, was snuck up by one and bit while feeding the giraffes. All the way across the hand and drew blood. Teddy was pissed and hurt at the same time. Wanted to hunt that bastard after hours. They're mean and have the look of satan in their eyes, all the time! Kill 'em all!!
    Last edited by luv2hunt; 01-26-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

I have a buddy whose uncle had an ostrich given to him. After it tore up everything in the yard, he finally found a guy in Florida to sell it to. He rented a van and herded the beast into the back. That summamabitch tore every ounce of upholstery out of the van, kicked out all of the windows, tore the door handles off, and did about as much damage as he could without a car crusher. He said it sounded like a football game was being played in the back. If it wasn't for the cage behind the front seats, he is convinced it would have killed him.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I have a buddy whose uncle had an ostrich given to him. After it tore up everything in the yard, he finally found a guy in Florida to sell it to. He rented a van and herded the beast into the back. That summamabitch tore every ounce of upholstery out of the van, kicked out all of the windows, tore the door handles off, and did about as much damage as he could without a car crusher. He said it sounded like a football game was being played in the back. If it wasn't for the cage behind the front seats, he is convinced it would have killed him.
    Hope he had rental insurance. Try explaining that when you take it back.

Any of you ever been attacked by a mute swan?