Thread: Costa Del Mar

Default Costa Del Mar

Had my pair stolen.Had the Stringer with Blue GLASS lens,liked them alot.Thinking about getting a new pair.Besides price has anybody seen a big difference in the 400G/400P or 580G/580P lens?Thanks

Not much difference IMO. On a different note ive switched to Wiley X glasses because Costa has SHIT for warranty. Got 3 broken pair sitting in my closet they wanted an arm and a leg to repair.
    Last edited by GreenHeadRocker; 01-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

G stands for glass, P stands for polycarbonate...glass will be very good resolution but heavier and not as scratch resistant/durable as the polycarbonate. As far as numbers, 400 and 580 refer to the spectrum of light the polarization will block. Its all personal preference, some people notice difference some don't, as everybody's eyes are different...another common misconception is that the mirror have anything to do with polarization, costa makes a gray lens and an "amber" lens, the mirrors are simply a film sandwiched in between the working lenses

I have 2 pair of brines one with 400's and one with 580's......I can tell no major difference.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Thanks I've had my pair forever without problems,they were comfy and they fit my small head.I need darker lens due to senstive eyes.Anybody have dark gray lenses if so do they keep the light out just as good as mirrored lens?

I have the dark gray on my two most recent pairs of Costas and I've seen no difference from the mirrored lenses. I've been wearing Costas since '99.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973