Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: after market chokes

yeah me too... instead i bought a wad stripper :gun:
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I was typing about getting the shoot lined up. I'll get with JAB this week.

You should see Hermitage, joe brought in Chuck Fraiser to reconfigure both courses and set the targets. Chuck probably the best target setter in the country. He had a tournament last weekend, has another one on feb 9th and wil host the east coast championship in march. Looking forward to getting the boys back together for another shoot this year. Lets make it 100 targets this year.

100 sounds good to me. We need to get it worked around the seasons, and when it's not above 95... They closed down the place that we ate at a couple times a week so I haven't talked to Joe in about two weeks. We'll need to start it up earlier as well.

What are we shooting at with these aftermarket chokes? Ducks? Yes, wad stripping chokes make a difference. What kind of difference? Depends on the situation. I dropped 4 teal at 40 yds a month ago in TX with one shot with a Patternmaster LR and #1 3-1/2"s. That was an eye opener.

On turkeys, I would not even waste my time with a factory choke considering how well you can configure the gun to the choke to the load.

I've been shooting a kicks hf XF for 6 years, not for long range shooting but, denser patterns. Kent's 3" #3 1 3/8 oz, 1330fps, and #4's 1 1/4 oz at 1425fps are absolutely devastating on all size ducks. Anything larger than #2's and the pattern becomes very inconsistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.