Thread: Filet Knife

Every filet knife that I have ever owned has been shotty. Last weekend I cleaned over 50 trout and I may as well have been using a butter knife. Anybody know of a good filet knife?
    If only there were some kind of magical liquid that helped erase bad memories........

MB - I have used a Cutco (Fishermans Solution) for several years on both freshwater and saltwater fish and it has been a great knife so far,adjustable length blade,holds an edge and is easy to sharpen. I believe they also have a lifetime warranty.
    If you call Cutco they will tell you about $80.00 plus shipping. I bought mine brand new on E-Bay for like $60.00
    Check it out.
    Raz

I have had a lot and can say the old rapala wood handle knife is the best by far. Costs about 15 bucks and you can put a razor edge with ceramic sticks in a few swipes. I have an electric and it works fast but no matter how good you are it leaves meat. If you take a little more time wit the old rapala you can see through the backbone when done. It pisses me off when I see someone filleting fish and leaving half the meat on the bone.
    easy livin'

That Cutco knife is bad ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Dexter Russell makes decent filet knives and they're not expensive. Your local Boater's World should have them.

Rapala for me.

CUTCO...GET THE CUTCO SHARPENER ALSO. BUY IT ON EBAY...THEY HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTEE

i recntly bought the J martini(sp) by rapala. MY dad has had one for over 20 years and thea sucker is great. Feels good and cuts like a dream. and only cost about 10 dollars in the sporting goods section of wally world.

I have the same one Wolf, I won it at the Poker run and its a good un
    I love Defenseless Animals... Especially in a good gravy<br /><br />When I wake up in the morning I piss excellence