Thread: Murray

What's up with up all those black bugs all over the lake? I don't ever remember seeing those things. At least not in that volume. Fished Tuesday. Caught 3 bass, one was 5 lbs, the other 2 were about 3 lbs a piece.
    I'm just proud to be here.

it's friggin crazy Stuck... I am in the process of ID-ing them and will let you know.

They are there every year. There are a LOT of them there now... You have to wear sunglasses when going back to the landing to keep your eyes clean.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I don't ever remember anything like this year though. When I got back to the landing last night there must of been 50 of them in my boat. Everywhere you stop there are dead ones on the water as far as you can see. I talked to a several other people Tuseday that commented that they hadn't seen anything like it before.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I had never seen them before, either...I know that they stink when killed.....I needed windshield wipers for my glasses....at 75 mph, they splatter pretty good...WHere is all the hydrilla on Murray? I found some deep...BUT WHERE are all the matted grass beds./???????????? Dagum carp..
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I found a little bit yesterday. I have had a hard time finding it too. Is it just me or is the top water bite not really happening yet?

We got um upriver to. As far as grass if you come up the lake the dam Water Primrose has took over Art. We didn't have this sht before the drawdown. Taking over all the coves and the grass carp won't touch it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

found plenty in 26 foot of water..caught 21lbs in it also...

Found some yesterday in about 15' of water. I was fishing for rockfish when we found it. We only caught one, it was 20".

They're on Wateree too, I don't recall ever seeing them before, almost had a belly full by the time I got back to the ramp last night.
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

They weren't near as bad yesterday. I think they are known as "love bugs".

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I have found it deep. 14' ...I just cant find it MATTED ...On top...in the shallows..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

i was on the lake friday and sat and the bugs are terrible. fish are schooling in the mornings bass and stripers. friday morning i fished 3 points and there were fish on all three small stripers and some really nice bass. friday morning we cought about 25 bass between 2 and 7 lbs. sat me and greenwing went with every other f####ng boat in sat. there was litterally more boats there on sat than i have ever seen before in my life. we fishd on point before i got pissed and agravated and went home 8 bass 1-6 pounds and 5 small stripers left bout 9 to go do some drinking.

I have heard three things:
    1. They are from Florida
    2. They kill off some fire ants.
    3. They are everywhere.
    \"I don\'t wanna be nowhere where the city\'s all that grows.\"<br /><br />Rush

OMG, They are from Central America, They are a fly not a bug and the fire ant thing, thats a new one and I hope you heard right
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"