Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayou Meto boat race

I have a buddy out there right now and he said that he talked to the GW Saturday and they said the boat race and roboducks will not happen next year.

Roboducks good. Boatrace bad.

buncha bayou metrosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I've had some really good times between that sign and that first corner in the ditch.
    Hell yeah!

Turbo point number 3 was wrong, but damn if that aint funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by lil 2 sleepy View Post
    I'm mean shit...before long you won't be able to let your rat tail fly in the wind at and SKA tournament either. WTF
    Now that is funny!

I've had some really good times between that sign and that first corner in the ditch.

Amen ... I like running wide open through the slough into the woods on the right at the first bend. I was running full throttle through there one morning with 4 people in the boat, all of the sudden the woods lit up with flashlights and I about swamped my boat letting off of the throttle. There were 10 or 11 feds doing shell limit checks. They turned their lights on when I was about 15 yards away from them, scared the hell out of me.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 01-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.

I got no use to go back to the Metro for a lot of reasons. Too many other places to hunt without all the damn hassle and rules.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I got no use to go back to the Metro for a lot of reasons. Too many other places to hunt without all the damn hassle and rules.

That and the reduced limit on ducks.

Never hunted the meto and have no desire to. If I want to hunt around that many people i'll just go sit in packs flats. I have a ton of fun hunting the other places that allow me to use my 50. Personally I think they should not have a HP restriction at all. If you wanna strap a 150 on a jon boat and run the timber, more power to ya. Survival of the fittest. If you are to much of a wimp to stay in front then wait and take off after all the others have left. If i don't feel safe driving a certain speed in a certain area, I have enough sense to slow my ass down. Leave it up to the operator. If they think they can hold it at 50mph in the trees, i'd love to watch!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Amen ... I like running wide open through the slough into the woods on the right at the first bend. I was running full throttle through there one morning with 4 people in the boat, all of the sudden the woods lit up with flashlights and I about swamped my boat letting off of the throttle. There were 10 or 11 feds doing shell limit checks. They turned their lights on when I was about 15 yards away from them, scared the hell out of me.
    I was leading and took that right about 7-8 years ago. Antonio Jones that just won the Worlds was behind me trying to run with a GPS, tiller handle, and q beam. Didn't go real well. He washed out, over corrected, and hit that tree in the middle of the run. Turned the boat sideways and several boats piled into him. We were in Lester's hole for 30 minutes before another boat came by.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Never hunted the meto and have no desire to.
    Why didn't you just stfu there then?

I was leading and took that right about 7-8 years ago. Antonio Jones that just won the Worlds was behind me trying to run with a GPS, tiller handle, and q beam. Didn't go real well. He washed out, over corrected, and hit that tree in the middle of the run. Turned the boat sideways and several boats piled into him. We were in Lester's hole for 30 minutes before another boat came by.

Lester Capps?

Lester's hole................... ?!?!?! You mean the one everyone calls Lester's hole or where he actually preferred to hunt (and we killed fuck out of em for years)???

Antonio, while entertaining, ain't real smart..He will probably be a Gazillionaire soon, so WTF!!

Just reading Lester's name makes me miss that ol man a ton more... Before the internet made instant access to places of value (before many here were born) we just did our thing and killed ducks... We never posted photos or told where ......

I may never hunt Bayou Meto again... (and I really miss walking in there),, Back in the day, a man didn't need a boat to kill MALLARDS... a friend called me today crowing about the 4 Gadwall they killed in LV....

Just damn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

That's why you find a hole that is a good ways off the blue line!

My old handheld GPS loses signal quite often in the timber , so I have spent a lot of time just riding around. There are some damn good spots out the way, no rushing required when there is water.
    Last edited by 803; 01-09-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

In the old days i'd have love to been there when all the boys from sumter were guiding. Now from what i've heard from my buddies its full of dumbasses from SC. We rode by there 2 years ago on the day we were leaving and almost every other truck at lower was SC plates. My previous statement applies to all WMA's in AR. Run what you bring. I just don't have any desire to hunt in there the way it is now. Sounds like its about as bad as santee.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Lester Capps?
    Only Lester worth mentioning in this thread..... Most never had the pleasure. I hunted with him for years, until the year of his passing. We had some fun...no doubt. I might take $10K Cash for the Olt in the photo above..

It's worth it...aint many of them.. KM has one.. Steve , Monroe , and Robby have one each.... I think Bryce Decker has one he bought...
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 01-09-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Lester's hole................... ?!?!?! You mean the one everyone calls Lester's hole or where he actually preferred to hunt (and we killed fuck out of em for years)???

Antonio, while entertaining, ain't real smart..He will probably be a Gazillionaire soon, so WTF!!

Just reading Lester's name makes me miss that ol man a ton more... Before the internet made instant access to places of value (before many here were born) we just did our thing and killed ducks... We never posted photos or told where ......

I may never hunt Bayou Meto again... (and I really miss walking in there),, Back in the day, a man didn't need a boat to kill MALLARDS... a vefriend called me today crowing about the 4 Gadwall they killed in LV....

Just damn.
    The phrase Lester Capps should have its own avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    In the old days i'd have love to been there when all the boys from sumter were guiding. Now from what i've heard from my buddies its full of dumbasses from SC. We rode by there 2 years ago on the day we were leaving and almost every other truck at lower was SC plates. My previous statement applies to all WMA's in AR. Run what you bring. I just don't have any desire to hunt in there the way it is now. Sounds like its about as bad as santee.
    Those Scumter guys were the end of it all. They are not to be celebrated. They ruined it for everyone...

No bigger dumbasses ever hit the woods than those stupid motherfuckers.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Last time I hunted there was in 1985. It was still a pretty peaceful place to hunt course that was before the internet got popular too. That '85 trip I hunted Meto 4 mornings and the most vehicles with trailers I saw at the ramp on any of those mornings was 6.

The last 2 days were good days to be in the timber too cause the rice fields had frozen up that first night but the timber was open. Three of us flat smacked down some green in the woods those 2 days. From what I hear now, with those kind of "perfect conditions", there would be 70+ parties at the ramp.

I haven't been back to the Meto since I started hearing horror stories about all the people, shell limits, etc. But those years up until 1985 were some good times. Blowing a "hand cut" Olt D2 Keyhole Cut-Down and pulling a group of 10 or 12 birds into the hole, only letting the hens back out, was one hell of an adrenaline rush and some great memories were made.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."