Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayou Meto boat race

Default Bayou Meto boat race

LITTLE ROCK — The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission agreed Thursday to study ways to reduce the potential for accidents during the so-called pre-dawn “Bayou Meto boat races.”

The racers are duck hunters who dash to favorite hunting spots on the Bayou Meto Wildlife Management Area. AGFC has a rule that hunters cannot enter the area before 4 a.m. When that time arrives during hunting season, “it’s a shotgun start for the hunters,” Commissioner Emon Mahony of El Dorado said Thursday, and a number of hunters have expressed concern over the practice and potential mishaps.

Mahony said one possible solution is to create a no-wake zone at the landings “for 200 or 250 yards” to prevent the high-speed takeoffs. Another possibility is to remove the 4 a.m. rule, although this would allow hunters to camp at their hunting holes, preventing others form using them.

Bayou Meto WMA was the first created by the Game and Fish Commission. It was developed in the late 1940s and has a worldwide reputation as a prime duck hunting and waterfowl wintering area.

Also Thursday, the commissioners approved donating two high-mileage pickup trucks to the Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy at East Camden for use in driver training.

The commissioners also recognized 19 enforcement and education personnel who have been active in the Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS) program. This is a support group for families of police officers who die in the line of duty.

AGFC joined the national program’s activities four years ago after the death of Sgt. Monty Carmikle in a helicopter crash.

Pussification of Amerika continues. Sack up. Shit happens. Damn those Arkies hated Murdoch's ass. He could outrun all of them but the single guys in the stripped boats that hole ran for McCullough and Jones. Good times.

Between the boat and truck races I highly doubt anything could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Pussification of Amerika continues. Sack up. Shit happens. Damn those Arkies hated Murdoch's ass. He could outrun all of them but the single guys in the stripped boats that hole ran for McCullough and Jones. Good times.
    Agreed.

They wouldn't let me out there... too much motor.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Rumor was they were going to hp limit of 9.9. Don't know how much truth it holds. Read it on McCulloughs Facebook.

They could start by enforcing the HP limit. Some of those "25hp" motors are bigger than a 4-stroke 60!!

No way!

but the sticker said 25hp?!?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    They could start by enforcing the HP limit. Some of those "25hp" motors are bigger than a 4-stroke 60!!
    What fun would that be?

It seems to me the guys with 25s that have spent tons of time and money on their motors to get them to the hole first just did their homework a little better than the douchebags that are bitching.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Someone pulled the plug on our boat because we beat them to the hole.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Someone pulled the plug on our boat because we beat them to the hole.
    They pulled the plug on your boat because you were from SC.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

One of them told me.. "Hell you think shooting ducks is a rush, you ain't never run a boat full throttle in timber"
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Was hunting the past week. Sunday morning I saw one of y'all's so called pussies get thrown out of the boat and get pulled in by one guy that almost ran him over. Also a guy was killed last year on the white river when he was ejected and run over.60 boats were in the blastoff Saturday morning. Something needs to be done about it. The game wardens showed up Tuesday morning and posted the safe boating laws at the gate. They said it was coming to an end. To all you dumdass adrenaline rush folks, enjoy it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig26 View Post
    Also a guy was killed last year on the white river when he was ejected and run over.60 boats were in the blastoff Saturday morning.
    Meanwhile 40,000 people were killed while driving their cars last year. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Meanwhile 40,000 people were killed while driving their cars last year. Please.
    Thank you, sir.

These folks bitch and moan about knee-jerk firearms legislation, but they want the game wardens to limit how fast you can get to/from your hole.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

I've had some really good times between that sign and that first corner in the ditch.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

If you dont like it, dont hunt there. Bayou Meto is not the only place in Arkansas to hunt timber... There are plenty of places with no 4:00 blast off. Quit your bitchin Rig. Jees you go one time and youre trying to change the damn rules. Pussy!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Thank you, sir.

These folks bitch and moan about knee-jerk firearms legislation, but they want the game wardens to limit how fast you can get to/from your hole.
    I really don't care how fast you go. I'm just calling you and all those other idiots careless dumbasses. I hunt in one of the slowest boats in the blastoff. Why don't you take your son out and show him how it's really done. Rev up your Suzuki or Tohatsu Mega and shoot for the blue line. Just do yourself one favor, put a life jacket on him so he doesn't end up like you.FYI, we let all the idiots go first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig26 View Post
    I really don't care how fast you go. I'm just calling you and all those other idiots careless dumbasses. I hunt in one of the slowest boats in the blastoff. Why don't you take your son out and show him how it's really done. Rev up your Suzuki or Tohatsu Mega and shoot for the blue line. Just do yourself one favor, put a life jacket on him so he doesn't end up like you.FYI, we let all the idiots go first.
    1. I don't hunt at the Bayou.

2. I don't have kids.

3. If I did hunt at the Bayou and if I had kids, we'd blast off at 60mph while looking over our shoulders and giving you the finger.... my kids would find this extra fun.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

I'm mean shit...before long you won't be able to let your rat tail fly in the wind at and SKA tournament either. WTF