Thread: Bass Fishing help on Murray

Hey guys. I'm new here. Got referred here by a guy on duckhunter.net. I'm fishing a tournament on Murray in early May and was looking for some information and help. I live on KY lake and would be more than happy to swap info and help if any of you guys fish anything here. I've never been to the lake but look forward to fishing it.
    thanks
    tracy

fish fill be schooling all over the lake that time of year. Catching fish want be hard but catching enough weight to place will be nearly impossible if u have never fished here

Originally posted by cuforester:
    fish fill be schooling all over the lake that time of year. Catching fish want be hard but catching enough weight to place will be nearly impossible if u have never fished here
    Surprising, I thought a Newberry boy wouldn't blatantly lie to the man.

But hey, what do I know>?

I hear KY lake has some awesome duck blinds on it, a friend of mine from Milan, TN, got on the ducks pretty hard up there.

Hey new guy, in May it will take 25lbs or better to win. The big hawgs from the elusive deep grass will dominate. The key is once you find out the type of structure and the magic bait, you can go to that type of structure and catch fish, In the month of May you need to be fishing long sloping rocky points with grass at the very last drop off(not hard to find) with thin tight wobble crankbaits. Shad colors.

The water is super clear down on the big water, so bring your x raps, and plenty of soft plastics in Green punkin and watermelon. The bigger the better.

Murray is an excellent lake. Good luck and have fun

tracy , both comments are right just depends on how u like to fish. LAst year in early may i was catching 30-40 bas before lunch every day. Every single fish on top water feeding on points and at home way before lunch. Most of the fish weighed 5lbs and under but there were several mornings where i caught 8-10 fish in the 6-10 lb range

all i know is that i fished murray with dookie and we didn't catch shit.

tracy-like these guys said, you wont have trouble catching nice fish...but it will be tough to outfish the guy that is ona stringer of 8 pounders. i expect there to be record catches of fish this year. the recruitment has been spectacular from the biologists' standpoint.

send a PM to dookie closer to the date to give us time to fish it for you. his dad spends a lot of time out there casting cranks off points. i prefer soft plastics in the shallows, but i ain't fishing for money....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.