Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grease Coats.

Nothing sexier than a woman in a grease coat.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Nothing sexier than a woman in a grease coat.
    It's funny how many wear them now, the stylish jackets. Around here people have been hunting in Barbours as long as I can remember. Now, they've turned into a fad. I had girls years ago that would ask me what that smell was. Well, grease, I'd warm up the can every few months and apply.

This stuff works.

http://www.barbour.com/us/mens-cloth...proof-dressing

JAB is picking on Dex..

Maybe this one
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I bought a Barbour Bedale back in '98 and wore it non-stop (casually) until about '01. It got too many holes in it from day to day wear. I need to send it back for repair. Anybody have any experience sending one back?
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    I bought a Barbour Bedale back in '98 and wore it non-stop (casually) until about '01. It got too many holes in it from day to day wear. I need to send it back for repair. Anybody have any experience sending one back?
    They don't want any mud on them, clean it good with a rag and water (No soap at all). I have a shop a few doors down that sends them off for you. If it's dirty they'll send it back. I'd imagine there are a few dealers in Charleston that could hook you up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    They don't want any mud on them, clean it good with a rag and water (No soap at all). I have a shop a few doors down that sends them off for you. If it's dirty they'll send it back. I'd imagine there are a few dealers in Charleston that could hook you up though.
    That might be a good excuse to come visit you and your cousin Ben and sample some of your top selling brands! Last time I was in Camden, I had a head full of hair and abs.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

That might be a good excuse to come visit you and your cousin Ben and sample some of your top selling brands! Last time I was in Camden, I had a head full of hair and abs.
    Come on up. I'm sure with enough notice we could find a way to have fun..

Yep, and that Barbour jacket fit.

I see a night at White Marsh in the very near future.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I have been thinking about making my own jacket and pants! I have looked all over the web (thanks google) and found a few recipies of beeswax, parafin wax, pine tar and linseed oil. There is no hard recipie to go on just some guestimations so I am courious to see how this works out. If anyone has any other ideas let me know?
    RC Buckshot of Seven Hickories MH

I sent mine back in the summer a couple of years ago to get the sleeves lengthened and had them apply new wax as well. It was pretty cheap and came back looking like it was brand new. They were pretty slow, don't send it a couple of weeks before you want it back.......it took a couple of months at least.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Yep, and that Barbour jacket fit.

I see a night at White Marsh in the very near future.
    I say I hear ya old boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Just bought a cover cloth field jacket from filson for about $150 cheaper than retail after christmas. Im supposed to get it in a few days, I have never owned an oiled jacket so I hope it works out

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarswamp Retrievers View Post
    I have been thinking about making my own jacket and pants! I have looked all over the web (thanks google) and found a few recipies of beeswax, parafin wax, pine tar and linseed oil. There is no hard recipie to go on just some guestimations so I am courious to see how this works out. If anyone has any other ideas let me know?
    I was thinking about trying the same thing, I have a heavy cotton coat almost canvas like it is nice and warm, but it gets damp quick in a light rain, and takes loooooooooong to dry.

Let me know how you do !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

Finished the pants I used this recipe:

20oz of beeswax; 16oz of gulf wax and 24oz of neatsfoot oil.
    I put everything in the bucket and let the double boiler melt everything and stirred, I applied in small brush strokes. I had to go back over the area of application with a heat gun and rework with the brush. I am letting the pants hand and will apply any areas that are light in wax and go back over with the heat gun so that there is an even consistancy over the pants. I tried to pay special attention to the seams.
    RC Buckshot of Seven Hickories MH

Pics?
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarswamp Retrievers View Post
    Finished the pants I used this recipe:

20oz of beeswax; 16oz of gulf wax and 24oz of neatsfoot oil.
    I put everything in the bucket and let the double boiler melt everything and stirred, I applied in small brush strokes. I had to go back over the area of application with a heat gun and rework with the brush. I am letting the pants hand and will apply any areas that are light in wax and go back over with the heat gun so that there is an even consistancy over the pants. I tried to pay special attention to the seams.

Cool might not do pants but I have a coat i would like to try it on

Quote Originally Posted by romeocadet08 View Post
    Pics?
    Yes please
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

This is why I probably won't buy barbour again. 7 or 8 years old and I've got these things popping up. I sent it in last year for a spot like this that randomly popped up on a sleeve. The cloth they use is so much lighter than Filsons. I've put my filson through some tough shit and really only used the barbour as a weekend coat. Filson's coats are just bullet proof.

I have a filson I wear all the time. It is awesome. I got a full wool liner for it for Christmas and it is the best cold weather jacket I have ever had. I have a Barbour and it is a good jacket but nothing compared to the filson. After you wear a filson tin cloth jacket every other jacket feels like a cheap peice of crap. If you are in the woods a lot get one.

The Troll Hunter wears a grease coat...

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.