Thread: Christmas trees

I have collected a fair pile of trees from neighbors, I want to sink them for crappie and bream, I know we have talked about this before , but what do you guys do with them, I have never personally done this , my motivation is this 12 year old have been taking with me this past year, he got to see ducks and deer this season and he killed his first squirrel, now I want to get him on the fish and close the deal, he loves to go, and hell half the time I go by myself anyway, but I use it to motivate him about his grades and such....anyway... any help would be appreciated, jeff
    Start counting backwards from 100...

Tie them together with a concrete block an sink them in about 12-17 ft of water. Try to find a point that is close to deep water or a old river bed. This is one way to make a great crappie hole.

Also take an old ladies stocking and fill it with dog food and tie it in the middle of the trees. This will bring in the minnows quickly and they will bring in the crappies.

Good Luck!

Let me know where you place them and I will let you know some of mine!

I know this sounds difficult, but if you are putting out several try putting them in a "A" format. The fish will tend to gather towards the top of the "A". Good luck w/ the trees and the 12 year old you are taking, is that your child or are you involved in a mentoring program?

There is a pretty good article at this link that may help you. Good luck with your project.
    http://www.ky-lake.com/brush_piles.htm

My neighbor across the street, dad is a loser and won't spend time with him, he just sits inside and according to the boy takes a lot of pills...so I let him hang when I am working on the boat or truck or just fooling around in the shop...I let him cut my grass for cash to by his hunting and fishing stuff...
    Start counting backwards from 100...

Deep, that is extremly respectable!!!