Thread: Bush Hooks sat 2-26

Set 30 bush hooks sat night
    Pee Dee River
    Live bream for bait
    caught 6 cats
    4 flats 37lb, @20lb, @12lb, @8lb
    2 blues @15lb, @10lb

Correct me if I am mistaken... game fish are illegal for use as bait. Right... [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

depends on the body of water
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.

Not in Marion as long as you don't have over the limit... I know that is true for bream at least..
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

im with sasha and abby on this one kinda, but i know you arent supposed to keep them if you catch them in the cast net though. but i deffaintly use bream though whole or cut bait though for strippers and catfish in the congree around the gervis street bridge, just make sure you hold on the pole real good , if the biggins are running through. i caught plenty of strippers 20+lbs in this area. also it is very effective to float a shad or a bream too.. [img]graemlins/bigeyes.gif[/img] just gotta keep my eyes on the water and not the woman laying on the rocks half nakid though or i keep loosing more poles lol [img]graemlins/bigeyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/icon_bounce01.gif[/img]

Live bream are legal for use as bait on the Pee Dee River as long as the shank-to-point gap is 1 and 3/16" or greater.

We checked on this subject awhile back with the Rembert C. Dennis Wildlife Dept. and they said that it is legal to use bream as bait as long as they are counted in the daily bag limit. No more than the legal limit per day in the boat whether for bait or for consumption.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Right,

1 3/16 hook gap and no more than 30 per person,

plus when the water is cold like it is now you can take the ones off that don't get eat by the cats and eat them yourself!

Live bait permitted on the Pee-Dee and Edisto there SASHA

Your always knocking peoples field reports? Calling them out and shit [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Congrats [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]
    More fuel = more boost!!

There are rivers in Georgia where they are ENCOURAGING the use of live bream for bait for flatheads... Flatheads can ruin the redbreast population in a river.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

We set 42 lines sat. nite. Ended up with a total of 6. 4 flatheads and 2 blues.
    60lbs, 40, 8, 5. the blues weighed 10 and 8. not a bad nite but not a good one either. most of the bait was still on the hook. we used live bream as well.

Congrats on the Cats!